Reply
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2023, 10:31 AM   #1
RiverRat1
Pope & Young
 
RiverRat1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bend TX
Hunt In: San Saba
Default Damar Hamlin at game Sunday

So I guess he's doing better now?

Any word on what caused his injury yet?
RiverRat1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-24-2023, 10:34 AM   #2
ORIONTHEHUNTER
Six Point
 
ORIONTHEHUNTER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: SW Colorado
Default

The only things I have seen was that it was a once in whatever million hit that caused his heart to stop. Basically a perfectly timed trauma to the chest that caused his heart to quit
ORIONTHEHUNTER is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-24-2023, 10:35 AM   #3
kurt68
Ten Point
 
kurt68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Spring
Hunt In: Waller County, Rocksprings and "H"
Default

LOL, conspiracies are flying everywhere about that. No close ups of him, no face shots. dead for almost 10 minutes and CPR breaking ribs, but he is jumping around raising arms, son and mom walks in without him. Something stinks.
kurt68 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-24-2023, 10:35 AM   #4
Voodoo
Ten Point
 
Voodoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Tejas
Hunt In: Highway Medians
Default

Was he at the game ?
Voodoo is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-24-2023, 10:37 AM   #5
Voodoo
Ten Point
 
Voodoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Tejas
Hunt In: Highway Medians
Default

https://twitter.com/Censored4sure/st...62977305268224
Voodoo is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-24-2023, 12:03 PM   #6
Shane
Pope & Young
 
Shane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Abilene, TX
Hunt In: Mismatched camo
Default

That was laughable. Clearly not him. If he would have really been there, they would have shown his face at every break in the action.
Shane is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-24-2023, 12:07 PM   #7
WItoTX
Pope & Young
 
WItoTX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Hunt In: Wisconsin, New Mexico, Colorado, Montana, Idaho
Default

Lot's more questions raised from that "appearance" than answers. I've never met a guy with broken ribs able to jump, raise arms, etc...

I agree, something stinks.
WItoTX is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-24-2023, 12:11 PM   #8
tminc
Ten Point
 
tminc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: lake travis
Hunt In: burnet county,mexico
Default

No way that was him,another conspiracy theory on the loose.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
tminc is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-24-2023, 12:12 PM   #9
Mossback
Ten Point
 
Mossback's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Texas
Hunt In: Comal county
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane View Post
That was laughable. Clearly not him. If he would have really been there, they would have shown his face at every break in the action.
Exactly
Mossback is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-24-2023, 12:12 PM   #10
Walker
Pope & Young
 
Walker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: San Antonio
Default

Who said he had broken ribs?? I've done cpr probably 100 times and ribs don't break except in geriatric patients.
Walker is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-24-2023, 12:16 PM   #11
ORIONTHEHUNTER
Six Point
 
ORIONTHEHUNTER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: SW Colorado
Default

I also never heard of any report of broken ribs. Also I know the Bills coach has said he has been at team functions previously to this game.
ORIONTHEHUNTER is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-24-2023, 12:18 PM   #12
WItoTX
Pope & Young
 
WItoTX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Hunt In: Wisconsin, New Mexico, Colorado, Montana, Idaho
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walker View Post
Who said he had broken ribs?? I've done cpr probably 100 times and ribs don't break except in geriatric patients.
Apparently you are the outlier. Data shows us it happens more often than not:

"The incidence of rib fractures after CPR is reported in over 70% of CPR cases, with a mean number of 7.6 broken ribs per person (8)."

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/art...ade%20(1%2C2).

And let's be honest, they have not shared any information since he went into the hospital other than his heart stopped and they restarted it with CPR.

Last edited by WItoTX; 01-24-2023 at 12:19 PM. Reason: .
WItoTX is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-24-2023, 12:18 PM   #13
justletmein
Pope & Young
 
justletmein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: San Antonio \ POC
Hunt In: Public lands
Default

They said the CPR cracked ribs, which I believe is common. It may not be as severe as impact-injury broken ribs like we're thinking? Just spitballing here. I can't imagine why they'd try to pull off a fake like this, too risky.
justletmein is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-24-2023, 12:19 PM   #14
TxDispatcher
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Bellville, Tx
Hunt In: East Texas Pineywoods, Austin County
Default

This is the first I've heard of any of this...which certainly seems odd. One would think his face would be plastered everywhere if he was indeed at team functions. Again, this is the first I've heard of any of this, so maybe there are photos out there
TxDispatcher is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-24-2023, 12:20 PM   #15
Voodoo
Ten Point
 
Voodoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Tejas
Hunt In: Highway Medians
Default

Now that we have slightly changed the subject, I have to ask…Walker, how many of those “over 100” you performed CPR on live? I’m looking for a pattern here

Quote:
Originally Posted by WItoTX View Post
Apparently you are the outlier. Data shows us it happens more often than not:

"The incidence of rib fractures after CPR is reported in over 70% of CPR cases, with a mean number of 7.6 broken ribs per person (8)."

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/art...ade%20(1%2C2).

And let's be honest, they have not shared any information since he went into the hospital other than his heart stopped and they restarted it with CPR.
Voodoo is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-24-2023, 12:29 PM   #16
Walker
Pope & Young
 
Walker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: San Antonio
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo View Post
Now thate have slightly changed the subject, I have to ask…Walker, how many of those “over 100” you performed CPR on live? I’m looking for a pattern here
One lived and we were on scene when the patient arrested, defribulated within minutes. All the rest were down unknown time. It defribulation that saves lives. Cpr just buys time. The last ce I took had cpr effectiveness decreased by 10% per minute without defribulation.
Walker is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-24-2023, 12:37 PM   #17
WItoTX
Pope & Young
 
WItoTX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Hunt In: Wisconsin, New Mexico, Colorado, Montana, Idaho
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxDispatcher View Post
This is the first I've heard of any of this...which certainly seems odd. One would think his face would be plastered everywhere if he was indeed at team functions. Again, this is the first I've heard of any of this, so maybe there are photos out there
I would love to see one too.
WItoTX is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-24-2023, 12:38 PM   #18
Big Lee
Ten Point
 
Big Lee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: TX
Hunt In: Central Texas
Default

His face covered supporte the Mask up movement. No reason for the NFL. Fox anyone to fake him being there.
Big Lee is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-24-2023, 12:41 PM   #19
rut-ro
Pope & Young
 
rut-ro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Sugar Land
Hunt In: Leon,Madison and Zavalla
Default


Still on oxygen and heart monitor. He was not jumping around
rut-ro is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-24-2023, 12:44 PM   #20
dgilbert
Pope & Young
 
dgilbert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Lake Granbury
Hunt In: Coke Co
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tminc View Post
No way that was him,another conspiracy theory on the loose.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Yep government behind all the way.
dgilbert is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-24-2023, 12:47 PM   #21
SmTx
Pope & Young
 
SmTx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: San Marcos/Hempstead
Hunt In: Jim Wells
Default

What's he supposed to do lay around and wait to die?
SmTx is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-24-2023, 12:48 PM   #22
cehorn
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Pflugerville, TX
Hunt In: Brown County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Lee View Post
His face covered supporte the Mask up movement. No reason for the NFL. Fox anyone to fake him being there.
No reason for Fox or NFL? I'm not saying whether he was there or not and don't really care. I hope he is ok and I really hope it is just the 1 in a million thing they keep mentioning. But IF this happened as a result of a mandated jab to an otherwise healthy individual (hashtag died suddenly) there is your reason. Cover it up and keep sticking and promoting boosters....
cehorn is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-24-2023, 12:49 PM   #23
Hoss163
Pope & Young
 
Hoss163's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Abilene tx
Hunt In: Coleman Tx , Melvin Tx And SW Oklahoma
Default

So y’all think he wasn’t at the game? Y’all think he has died ? Are what exactly are y’all thinking here?
Hoss163 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-24-2023, 12:51 PM   #24
UncleBubba
Pope & Young
 
UncleBubba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: NE Texas
Hunt In: Dickens, Hunt, and Red River Co.
Default

NFL is getting exactly what they wanted from the whole situation...
UncleBubba is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-24-2023, 12:52 PM   #25
justletmein
Pope & Young
 
justletmein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: San Antonio \ POC
Hunt In: Public lands
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cehorn View Post
No reason for Fox or NFL? I'm not saying whether he was there or not and don't really care. I hope he is ok and I really hope it is just the 1 in a million thing they keep mentioning. But IF this happened as a result of a mandated jab to an otherwise healthy individual (hashtag died suddenly) there is your reason. Cover it up and keep sticking and promoting boosters....
Exactly. I don't think they faked it, but it's absolutely in the NFL's (and anyone who forced the shot) best interest to downplay issues like this.
justletmein is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-24-2023, 12:54 PM   #26
GroceryGetter
Four Point
 
GroceryGetter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Location: SA
Hunt In: Anywhere
Default

https://www.eviemagazine.com/post/da...e-tweets-clone


Reminds me of E.T. when he in the bike basket with blanket wrapped around his head.
GroceryGetter is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-24-2023, 12:54 PM   #27
Huntingfool
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoss163 View Post
So y’all think he wasn’t at the game? Y’all think he has died ? Are what exactly are y’all thinking here?
it is silliness -
Huntingfool is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-24-2023, 12:55 PM   #28
Walker
Pope & Young
 
Walker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: San Antonio
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoss163 View Post
So y’all think he wasn’t at the game? Y’all think he has died ? Are what exactly are y’all thinking here?
There is some history here.
Walker is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-24-2023, 01:02 PM   #29
RiverRat1
Pope & Young
 
RiverRat1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bend TX
Hunt In: San Saba
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane View Post
That was laughable. Clearly not him. If he would have really been there, they would have shown his face at every break in the action.
I wasn't watching the game and didn't read too much on all of this.

So who all is saying it was him there? I mean was all the media, announcers etc saying it was him the entire time?
RiverRat1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-24-2023, 01:05 PM   #30
ORIONTHEHUNTER
Six Point
 
ORIONTHEHUNTER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: SW Colorado
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRat1 View Post
I wasn't watching the game and didn't read too much on all of this.

So who all is saying it was him there? I mean was all the media, announcers etc saying it was him the entire time?
Yes it was mentioned quite a few times throughout the game.
ORIONTHEHUNTER is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-24-2023, 01:06 PM   #31
Bayouboy
Pope & Young
 
Bayouboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: League City
Hunt In: East Texas
Default

I think he was there and actually played in the game. Minimum of two series.
They were transporting him back and forth from his nice and cozy booth to the field by means of teleportation. "Beam me up Scotty"

Sounds about as legit as some of y'alls theories
Bayouboy is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-24-2023, 01:06 PM   #32
Hoss163
Pope & Young
 
Hoss163's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Abilene tx
Hunt In: Coleman Tx , Melvin Tx And SW Oklahoma
Default

I do know the bills lost by 3 scores to honor him
Hoss163 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-24-2023, 01:08 PM   #33
WItoTX
Pope & Young
 
WItoTX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Hunt In: Wisconsin, New Mexico, Colorado, Montana, Idaho
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoss163 View Post
So y’all think he wasn’t at the game? Y’all think he has died ? Are what exactly are y’all thinking here?
I have no idea. The biggest red flag here is, I have never seen a little brother act like Damar's little brother, Damir. When a little brother is around his big brother, they mimic everything the older brother does. Or show any emotion at all. Damir looks like he is in another world.

And isn't it just a little bit coincidental that the only time a camera was allowed to peek into the box Damar was in, was when he was standing up, waiving his arms?

The video's raise a lot of questions. Few probably have an answer to your question. Ignoring the shady-ness of the video is sort of putting the blinders on though.
WItoTX is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-24-2023, 01:12 PM   #34
RiverRat1
Pope & Young
 
RiverRat1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bend TX
Hunt In: San Saba
Default

So we seem to have two sides to this. Tin foil hat guys and the "they wouldn't lie to us" guys.

Why not place a friendly wager if you think it was all fake? Or if you think people saying it's fake it stupid or silly? Neither side has a leg to stand on for not betting with talk like that.

Logical questions...
1. Has he ever been in public where he remains unrecognizable in the past?
2. Doesn't he promote a charity and hasn't he always been very front and center to be seen in the past?
3. Why not show your face?
4. Why not do an interview even if for 5 seconds at the game? That would advance him 10 fold
5. Why not come out now after all these rumors and do a 5 second video saying it was him. He can do this in private or in public.
RiverRat1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-24-2023, 01:12 PM   #35
Vargas 1695
Four Point
 
Vargas 1695's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2022
Location: Gods country.
Default

Never been to Buffalo but it seems pretty normal to be wearing clothing to protect face and head up there. Looks like a jacket with a hoodie and a face mask.
Vargas 1695 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-24-2023, 01:20 PM   #36
justletmein
Pope & Young
 
justletmein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: San Antonio \ POC
Hunt In: Public lands
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vargas 1695 View Post
Never been to Buffalo but it seems pretty normal to be wearing clothing to protect face and head up there. Looks like a jacket with a hoodie and a face mask.
Not in the skybox booth it's not. I still don't think they faked it but there's definitely something weird about it all.
justletmein is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-24-2023, 01:25 PM   #37
npe001
Ten Point
 
npe001's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Tomball, Texas
Hunt In: Madisonville, Tx
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurt68 View Post
LOL, conspiracies are flying everywhere about that. No close ups of him, no face shots. dead for almost 10 minutes and CPR breaking ribs, but he is jumping around raising arms, son and mom walks in without him. Something stinks.
This right here..
npe001 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-24-2023, 01:29 PM   #38
Hunting4fun
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoss163 View Post
So y’all think he wasn’t at the game? Y’all think he has died ? Are what exactly are y’all thinking here?
Maybe he is still recovering and is in worse shape than we are led to believe and the NFL wants to downplay the situation by acting like he was there? I think it was him there but it is kinda sus how their wasn't any decent pics.
Hunting4fun is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-24-2023, 01:47 PM   #39
PondPopper
Pope & Young
 
PondPopper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Brazoria county
Hunt In: Brady,McCulloch Cnty, Brazoria cnty, South Africa, Namibia Nebraska
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo View Post
This man is spot on..
If you still believe what you are being fed then you will believe anything being told..
PondPopper is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-24-2023, 01:54 PM   #40
PYBUCK
Pope & Young
 
PYBUCK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Hunt In: Upton County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunting4fun View Post
Maybe he is still recovering and is in worse shape than we are led to believe and the NFL wants to downplay the situation by acting like he was there? I think it was him there but it is kinda sus how their wasn't any decent pics.
What I have seen in he is still recovering and has a long way to go before he is fully recovered. I do not think he will ever play again. Just my opinion but I don't think the Bills would chance him having another episode. I don't think he will ever clear a physical and be cleared to play.
PYBUCK is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-24-2023, 01:57 PM   #41
ORIONTHEHUNTER
Six Point
 
ORIONTHEHUNTER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: SW Colorado
Default

Well its on the front page of msn right now
ORIONTHEHUNTER is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-24-2023, 01:57 PM   #42
WItoTX
Pope & Young
 
WItoTX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Hunt In: Wisconsin, New Mexico, Colorado, Montana, Idaho
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PondPopper View Post
This man is spot on..
If you still believe what you are being fed then you will believe anything being told..
How do you know this guy isn't a deep state FBI guy trying to trick drunk rednecks into kidnapping the governor, I mean proving Damar Hamlin isn't real?
WItoTX is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-24-2023, 02:04 PM   #43
PondPopper
Pope & Young
 
PondPopper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Brazoria county
Hunt In: Brady,McCulloch Cnty, Brazoria cnty, South Africa, Namibia Nebraska
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WItoTX View Post
How do you know this guy isn't a deep state FBI guy trying to trick drunk rednecks into kidnapping the governor, I mean proving Damar Hamlin isn't real?
Im trusting my gut on this one.. It rarely leads me wrong.
PondPopper is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-24-2023, 02:05 PM   #44
RiverRat1
Pope & Young
 
RiverRat1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bend TX
Hunt In: San Saba
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vargas 1695 View Post
Never been to Buffalo but it seems pretty normal to be wearing clothing to protect face and head up there. Looks like a jacket with a hoodie and a face mask.
Except his young brother and mother didn't seem cold... But ok.
RiverRat1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-24-2023, 02:06 PM   #45
PondPopper
Pope & Young
 
PondPopper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Brazoria county
Hunt In: Brady,McCulloch Cnty, Brazoria cnty, South Africa, Namibia Nebraska
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PYBUCK View Post
What I have seen in he is still recovering and has a long way to go before he is fully recovered. I do not think he will ever play again. Just my opinion but I don't think the Bills would chance him having another episode. I don't think he will ever clear a physical and be cleared to play.
So why lie about the state of his health, we all seen him die? What does that accomplish?
What are they hiding?
PondPopper is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-24-2023, 02:21 PM   #46
firemanjj82
Ten Point
 
firemanjj82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo View Post
Now that we have slightly changed the subject, I have to ask…Walker, how many of those “over 100” you performed CPR on live? I’m looking for a pattern here
We've had several that have come back to thank us. The ones who break are obvious. This isn't apples to apples. A professional athlete that takes and gives hits for a living, trains his muscles, tendons, ligaments, and yes, bones to do a job, will be much more resilient to compressor trauma than a person his same age that's sedentary in comparison. Ribs may break, but not completely, only crack. His issue with the hit that put him in arrest was where and how. Look at the video and see that he hit the brakes but the other player didn't. Physics says that energy has to go somewhere, so it was all transferred to his chest and heart. You can throw a heart out of rhythm just slightly with blunt force like that (precordial thump), but it all has to do with how well the heart can recover from it. If the rhythm can't regulate, then the other parts of the heart will start to kick in to maintain some form of perfusion. Even then, it's a backup, but may not be good enough to maintain consciousness or other neurological functions. Look up "intrinsic rate of the heart" . Each part does its own thing if the other doesn't work. He may not have flatlined, but could've been an irregular rhythm that required a jumpstart of defibrillation to get it organized again. Normal cardiac rehab patients take 8-12 weeks to recover from a stent. He had an arrest, defibrillation, compressions...it could be months or a year before he's back to competition level. Or not at all.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
firemanjj82 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-24-2023, 02:24 PM   #47
rut-ro
Pope & Young
 
rut-ro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Sugar Land
Hunt In: Leon,Madison and Zavalla
Default

All the media there and no one got a better picture or an interview? really not sure what to think about the whole situation but it certainly has some unanswered questions.
rut-ro is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-24-2023, 02:27 PM   #48
npe001
Ten Point
 
npe001's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Tomball, Texas
Hunt In: Madisonville, Tx
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rut-ro View Post
All the media there and no one got a better picture or an interview? really not sure what to think about the whole situation but it certainly has some unanswered questions.
You know what to think, just like we all do. It was all bs lol
npe001 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-24-2023, 02:29 PM   #49
7sdad
Ten Point
 
7sdad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Joshua, Texas
Default

Who cares one way or the other?
7sdad is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-24-2023, 02:33 PM   #50
WItoTX
Pope & Young
 
WItoTX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Hunt In: Wisconsin, New Mexico, Colorado, Montana, Idaho
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by firemanjj82 View Post
We've had several that have come back to thank us. The ones who break are obvious. This isn't apples to apples. A professional athlete that takes and gives hits for a living, trains his muscles, tendons, ligaments, and yes, bones to do a job, will be much more resilient to compressor trauma than a person his same age that's sedentary in comparison. Ribs may break, but not completely, only crack. His issue with the hit that put him in arrest was where and how. Look at the video and see that he hit the brakes but the other player didn't. Physics says that energy has to go somewhere, so it was all transferred to his chest and heart. You can throw a heart out of rhythm just slightly with blunt force like that (precordial thump), but it all has to do with how well the heart can recover from it. If the rhythm can't regulate, then the other parts of the heart will start to kick in to maintain some form of perfusion. Even then, it's a backup, but may not be good enough to maintain consciousness or other neurological functions. Look up "intrinsic rate of the heart" . Each part does its own thing if the other doesn't work. He may not have flatlined, but could've been an irregular rhythm that required a jumpstart of defibrillation to get it organized again. Normal cardiac rehab patients take 8-12 weeks to recover from a stent. He had an arrest, defibrillation, compressions...it could be months or a year before he's back to competition level. Or not at all.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
I could make the argument that he has a higher likelihood of microfractures and tears since he is a football player, making cracked ribs even more possible. Or to take your position to the logical end, since he is young, athletic, and resilient, he should rehab quickly compared to your normal cardiac patient.

The bottom line is we are speculating because everyone is being hush-hush about it, and that is leading to rumors and hearsays. Why not be open about it? If he's in really rough shape, why not be honest? If he is in great shape, why not be honest? Why shouldn't his medical history be out there for all to see?
WItoTX is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com