Help troubleshooting “the timer”

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help troubleshooting “the timer”

I have a lamco feeder with the timer control. Last week when I hunted this feeder it only spun for maybe 1 second(it’s set on 10) anyway called lamco and they had no clue but since it was still under warranty just go and exchange it. Got a new one hook up test and all good. In the stand this morning and same thing like only 1 second. Any ideas

Probably a dumb question, but did you check your 12v battery?

Comment

I'd bet your battery needs charging or replaced.

Comment

Originally posted by BernieH View Post
        I'd bet your battery needs charging or replaced.
        Yep.

Comment

I replaced 12v couple months ago and it shows fully charged. Plus when it spins it throws hard not like a weak battery.

Comment

Check 12 volt also test it while you’re standing at the feeder and make sure it’s not clogged. I had one that clogged up and only threw corn at first then none, but the motor was still spinning. Look at the two battery indicators on The Timer. Make sure they both show good.

Comment

Maybe double check your connections?

Comment

If you disconnect the 12v does the timer still work? If not the AA in the unit are bad. If so check settings on run time and double check it ain’t set for 1 sec

Comment

Sounds like a bad connection somewhere.
                  Ed

Comment

Could be the motor? Almost sounds like something is getting in a bind and causing it to stop. Hook the timer up to another motor with the same battery and test functionality. If it works, its the motor. Either its faulty or is in a bind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                      If you disconnect the 12v does the timer still work? If not the AA in the unit are bad. If so check settings on run time and double check it ain’t set for 1 sec
                      Yes it works when unplugged, so did the old one I exchanged. Everything was fine when I hooked up the new one. Tested it a couple times at 10 seconds and all was good.

This is really why I hate hunting sometimes. Been jacking with feeders all week.

Comment

Have you tried the test button and did it spin for 5 seconds?
                        From what you described, the motor may be bad and hanging up or maybe spinner plate is hanging up.

Comment

Originally posted by HUNTIN HARD View Post
                          Yes it works when unplugged, so did the old one I exchanged. Everything was fine when I hooked up the new one. Tested it a couple times at 10 seconds and all was good.

This is really why I hate hunting sometimes. Been jacking with feeders all week.
                          I’ve been there. Was one reason I quit hunting feeders. I refused to let the results of my work be determined by a battery made in Bangkok

Comment

No, get it exchanged under the warranty. Always have extra parts as well..

Comment

Originally posted by BiggieSmalls View Post
                              No, get it exchanged under the warranty. Always have extra parts as well..
                              Read his post....he did and is still having issues.

OP...I leaning towards a poor connection, bad intermittent motor or a clog somewhere. The chances of a both timers having the same issue made so far apart are extremely low...

The AA battery in the Timer wouldn't be any issue because all it does is keep your time when unhooked from the 12v battery. It defaults to the 12V as soon as it is hooked up.

My gut feeling is a poor/loose connection that is amplified in the am when it is cooler and it doesn't touch.. I'd start looking at all of them.
                              Last edited by Smart; 10-19-2020, 08:15 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X