Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening.
Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Food plot help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Food plot help

I bought two bags of oats one rye and one wheat. Just had a buddy shred for me today. I think I read I can just spread seed and drag something behind me, and grass clippings will help cover. This will be my first time to plant is this going to work? Granted if I get little rain

Yes...… I used, a weighted chain link fence panel...……...

Comment

Been better if you had planted then shred, but depending on what was growing it might work ok. If you had lots of grass it’s gonna be hard for your seeds to compete with the root system already established. If it was mostly weeds they’re about done for the year. Good luck !

Comment

I've had limited success with this but I'm trying it again this year.

It works but requires good rainfall. Ive seen handcorn grow on a turnrow recently with good rains.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Slick8 View Post
          I've had limited success with this but I'm trying it again this year.

It works but requires good rainfall. Ive seen handcorn grow on a turnrow recently with good rains.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
          So this is a dumb question but should I put out now or wait right before a good rain chance?

Comment

You will be fine now. Unless you have tons of turkeys. I would go a little heavier on the seeding rate since you are not disking. Rye will grow anywhere with some rain.

Comment

Working...
            X