2 Books,1Season!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 Books,1Season!

I have been blessed this year,the main reason I shot this Whitey,was for the double-throat patch, I have waited a lifetime for this opportunity!
    And he ended up P&Y to top it off.
    The day before Thanksgiving, this heavy 9pt (which we’ve never seen before), came in on a string,behind a lone,hot doe.
    He hunched up and was pissing down both back legs and rubbing together,while lipcurling behind the doe when I stuck him and he never knew what hit him!
    He only took about 6 steps toward her and tipped over.
    Whitey makes my 12th P&Y.

Earlier this year in the Rockies, I did a DIY Archery Muley hunt,5 years of waiting for points to draw a tag.........
    Day 8,luck finally came my way off of Cochetopa creek!
    32yd shot,sitting downwind from a sidehill trail, from dark timber,down to aspen meadows.I am still in awe over this Toad!
    I took a disposable camera,as i did not have any reception and with the aid of a trail camera,to take pics as well. I had to stop in at walmart in Alamosa to develop pics when I returned,from both and then take pictures of pictures!

I’ll say this, it was the MOST greuling,wearing,hunt that i’ve ever done! (I’m certain that the main factor is in my age & body condition)! I can honestly say,that this one whipped my arse!
    Packed him out 2miles on my packframe,in 3 trips.

This stud goes in as a Booner at 184-6/8”
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Widowmaker; 11-27-2018, 01:45 PM.

Double congrats. Packing them things out is a young man's game! Well done sir!

Comment

great bucks!

Comment

Nice work. Congrats on both deer.

Comment

Nice, congrats

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Kevin View Post
            Double congrats. Packing them things out is a young man's game! Well done sir!
            Yessir and at 50, it takes a toll on the body!

Comment

Right on!

Comment

Awesome stuff there!
                Congrats on both trophies.

Comment

That's awesome right there. Very nice muley. Hope to get something like that one day.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

WOW, thats two really good deer. I bet that was a major league workout getting that sucker out of there. Congrats !!

Comment

Two fine animals. Congrats!!

Comment

Congrats! Love that WT buck!

Sent from my LG-M327 using Tapatalk

Comment

congrats!

Comment

Thank ya’ll , god has blessed me this season,for sure!

Comment

Congrats on your nice kill Yes age and body condition plays a huge part 3 yrs ago I went to Colorado at the age of 60 yrs old with my son and low and behold he made a kill on a nice elk and we both made 2 trips each 4 miles to the truck That kicked my butt Still to this day I ask myself why I waited to till I was 60 oh but I will do it again in a heartbeat By the way I love the shirt you are wearing because I played baseball for TCU in 75/76 season Yes I am an old fart as my son says

Comment

Working...
                              X