Which firearm?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which firearm?

Which new or older firearms uses the .30 AP M2 rounds as seen in pics?
    Attached Files

M1 Garand - pretty sure the M2 ammo was loaded as .30-06 as that was the original caliber of the M1. However, there were many of the M1’s converted to .308

Oh, the AP stands for Armor Piercing

Comment

30-06 from WW II

Comment

Yep a garand uses the clips, and any 3006 can fire the ammo

Comment

Also if you don't mind pop a round out of the clip and show a pic of the headstamp

Comment

M1 Garand but can also be used in the 1903 and 1903A3 If loses on different clips. Worth about $2 a round and the enbloc is another dollar or so

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

M1 Garand ammo, armor piercing 30-06 ammo. Good stuff. I can vouch for that stuff. Got hold of some many years ago. definitely penetrates 1" steel plate better than any other 30-06 ammo I shot at that plate.

Comment

I have a Remington woodsmaster model 740. Can it use this ammo?

Comment

Originally posted by Horsefly View Post
                  I have a Remington woodsmaster model 740. Can it use this ammo?
                  Yes, but the velocity of that ammo will be 2600-2800 FPS. M1 Garand gas system cannot handle anymore than that, without bending the operating rod. You can shoot modern ammo on a M1, by changing out the gas plug.

There was tons of that ammo imported from Greece . After WW2 many M1 Garands and M1 Carbines were “loaned” to other countries, with a promise that they would be returned to the US after they were done with them. Greece was one of them, they returned all the weapons and had stockpiles of ammo. The Philippines just returned 85k M1 Garand rifles, the CMP cleans, rebuilds and auctions them off online. A few years ago after a firefight in Afghanistan, a M1 Garand was found on the battlefield, truly unbelievable.
                  Last edited by Radar; 07-12-2020, 05:06 AM.

Comment

That ammo was made at the TW (Twin Cities)ordnance plant back during the Korean War . You can go online and run the lot numbers and find the mfg date.

Comment

Anyone on here still hear the "pling" when you fire shot #8 and the Garand ejects the clip?

And, yes, it is actually a clip and not a magazine.

Comment

Thems nazi busters right there. 170 ish grains of shear diplomacy fired from Garands

170 grn AP rounds were used in Europe, 150 grain non AP were used in the pacific. There was ALOT more armor in Europe.

Comment

I’m embarrassed by the amount of time I would spend trying to get pigs lined up just to see how many a round would go through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by dustoffer View Post
                            anyone on here still hear the "pling" when you fire shot #8 and the garand ejects the clip?

And, yes, it is actually a clip and not a magazine. :d
                            A spent casing out of M1 is hotter than Hades, I hunt with this M1 and have had a case bounce off the blind ceiling and go down my shirt. I hand load hunting ammo for mine. You can light up a sounder of hogs with a Garand

[ATTACH]1010832[/ATTACH]

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                              A spent casing out of M1 is hotter than Hades, I hunt with this M1 and have had a case bounce off the blind ceiling and go down my shirt. I hand load hunting ammo for mine. You can light up a sounder of hogs with a Garand

[ATTACH]1010832[/ATTACH]
                              What bullets and powder are you running in yours. Mine likes 46.5 grains of IMR 4895 with a 165 grain Nosler CC or 150 Accubond. I’ve shot a few deer with it.

Comment

Working...
                              X