Smoky Mountains

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoky Mountains

My wife wants to visit the Smokey Mountains for her 40th birthday. Her birthday is in January but we are open to any time of year to make the trip. She wants to fly and rent a vehicle once we are there. We will be taking our kids, 5 & 3 so kid friendly is a must. Does anyone have any suggestions on the best area to visit and possibly where to stay (lodging)?

Gatlinburg area has a ton of things for kids

Comment

Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge/Sevierville are good areas for families. Lots to do, snows fairly regularly each year up there. Beautiful area. Take a fly rod if you can get away for a bit. Tons of rivers with stocked rainbows. Pancake Pantry in Gatlinburg has great breakfast, but is busy and usually long wait times.

Comment

Bryson City (NC side) has a train ride along one of the rivers.

We flew to Atlanta and stayed on NC side of park. Drive was 3 hours and pretty during the early fall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Fly into Tyson McGee and drive to gatlinberg and peigon forge spring break was awesome

Comment

Pigeon Forge has a lot for kids. Check their website, they have great car shows all year long.

Comment

Nothing like the Smokey’s in the Fall for color!

Comment

Go to youtube, search for yankeeinthesouth...

They live in pigeon forge and have a ton of videos about the area. Helped us a lot last year during our trip.

Comment

Thanks for all of the feedback. Y’all have given us some great leads so far!

Comment

Cherokee can be good too. We usually try to make it over that way once a yr. My wife and kids love it. Theres a play at an outdoor amphitheater in cherokee. Its called unto these hills. Its def worth it. I would go during the summer. The winter will limit your activities. Theres looking glass falls, turtle back falls, sliding rock (kids) in bervard. Theres clingmans dome. Theres of course gatlinburg and pigeon forge. Over in townsend is a good river w some good rock cliffs to jump off of. Theres maggie valley. Theres tons of stuff.

Comment

We usually stay at newfound lodge in cherokee. We stay at best western toni inn in pigeon forge. The best western has a indoor and outdoor pool. You can see the fireworks from dollywood nightly. We usually do a week in orange beach area, from there go to atlanta to stone mountain and do the park/mountiain, then eat a quick dinner and catch the laser show. Leave atl and head up to bervard do sliding rock, then hit looking glass falls, the. Over to cherokee. Saty in Cherokee. Do unto these hills. Stay at newfound and relax in your room on the river. Play in the river. Then head over toward Gatlinburg. After gatlinburg amd pigeon forge, hit 40 and head back to texas.

Comment

My in-laws go to Gatlinburg every year and absolutely love it

Comment

Working...
                        X