No announcement yet.

Let's see the spring food plots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The modified buffalo method appears to have camouflaged the plot just long enough to get ahead. There are deer in here non stop too
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
      The modified buffalo method appears to have camouflaged the plot just long enough to get ahead. There are deer in here non stop too

That’s impressive growth. How big is that plot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

This “section” is 3/4 acre that connects to another that’s just under an acre. If I disk em in, they get wiped out before they get boot top high. Plowed dirt is a better attraction than corn. I don’t have feeders in plots (for many reasons) but have a fenced protein station in the woods between the 2 plots (first spring/ summer feeding. I established the pen this fall since my season was over so soon)

Comment

Got a later start than most, but things are coming on. Need one more good rain for an extra boost.

Comment

That's a good looking plot man. Mine are way behind

Comment

A little update on mine in Camp Co

Comment

Used the “pigeon toed assassin “ to get stuff done today. Checked her pea patch and it’s probably the best I’ve grown at that site. Just got 5-7” this week so that will carry it through. Pressure is increasing fast now but I’m ahead at this point. I think she will be over 5 tons per acre of forage easily. I think it was 200% humidity in he woods today

Got a trail cut with chainsaws at her other stand to drag new killin cabin in the woods.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                  Somebody mention buckwheat ?
                  Will this be a plowdown for Fall plot or sow seed strait into it, kill it with gly, and roll for thatch? Looks awesome and adding tons of nutrients

Comment

Sunflowers coming along nicely. Fertilized and caught rain at the right time
                    Attached Files

Comment

Looks great! What’s the thought behind the bald rows? Do you get much/any browse pressure on your buckwheat?
                      This is a pipeline and access road. That’s our tire tracks, can’t be avoided.

Originally posted by mdnabors View Post
                      Will this be a plowdown for Fall plot or sow seed strait into it, kill it with gly, and roll for thatch? Looks awesome and adding tons of nutrients
                      Mostly for soil improvement but they do browse it. Those are new plots and will have buckwheat for two spring plantings while I get my ph right. Probably be IC peas after that. The pipeline will only be a spring plot but the other will have whaet in the fall. We have some plots that don’t get planted in the fall because nobody hunts them.

Comment

Originally posted by .243 WSSM View Post
                        Sunflowers coming along nicely. Fertilized and caught rain at the right time
                        Those look great! What variety and when did you put em in the ground? Mine are the worst I’ve ever seen. I have no clue what went wrong. Same as I’ve always done. I planted a hand full in a pot just as a control and for decoration. They are 4’ and big heads. The field has about 4 flowers 0 millet and the biggest flower is 5” tall. Too much rain after planting is my only guess

Comment

Those look great! What variety and when did you put em in the ground? Mine are the worst I’ve ever seen. I have no clue what went wrong. Same as I’ve always done. I planted a hand full in a pot just as a control and for decoration. They are 4’ and big heads. The field has about 4 flowers 0 millet and the biggest flower is 5” tall. Too much rain after planting is my only guess
                          Thank you sir. Got them in 4-26. Yes we had lots of rain/standing water on them early on got those mult-inch events you had. Plants were looking rough but when it dried out they started looking better fairly quickly. Clearfields from Croplan/Winfield. This variety is about a foot shorter than those I've used in past
                          Attached Files

Comment

Here’s and update on mine as of a week ago. This rain should really help things out. I can’t believe it’s doing as well as it is with the lack of rain we’ve had. I did a poor man’s buffalo method.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy View Post
                              Here’s and update on mine as of a week ago. This rain should really help things out. I can’t believe it’s doing as well as it is with the lack of rain we’ve had. I did a poor man’s buffalo method.

Logan, you got it going on there. I wish I had as much room as you have, maybe I could outgrow my critters....

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                                Logan, you got it going on there. I wish I had as much room as you have, maybe I could outgrow my critters....
                                My smaller one up in the woods is getting hammered. It’s barely keeping up with the grazing pressure but, that’s what I planted it for lol

Comment

Working...
                                X