A little 22 fun in the making

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A little 22 fun in the making

Well.........been wanting to get into the PRS/Long range rimfire game for a while, but couldn't convince myself to drop the coin on a Vudoo, though I've been soooo close several times I shot a rimfire ELR stage at a match last year and was immediately hooked. Then a couple months ago Dave notices that one of our distributors has Bergara barreled actions listed as "coming soon". I'm pretty sure we both looked over at the pile of Leftover Grayboe stocks and had the same thought at the same time. Haha. Anyway, they showed up this week.

I grabbed one of the last Ridgebacks in the pile and had Roger throw some camo on it. Swapped out the included trigger for a jewell and bedded it in the Grayboe. Going to go see what it will do during lunch tomorrow. Hopefully it shoots, because there seem to be a bunch of rimfire matches popping up lately.

We grabbed all they had in stock knowing we had enough Grayboe Renegades left to cover them. So now I REALLY hope they shoot, and if any of you guys want to jump in, give the guys at the shop a call and they'll make you a great deal. Might want to wait until after we shoot them tomorrow, though. HaHa. Sorry for the crappy pic.

I might need one of these for my daughters first rifle! She’s 2 so I’ll break it in for her for a while

Comment

Curious what the cost is on one of those? Thanks

Comment

X2 on estimated price. Been wanting a 22 for a while!

Comment

Curious on cost and if you can get left hand models....or if they even make left hand models.

Comment

Dang expensive thread to open.

Looking for results.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Well, boys.........we have some shooters Took what ammo we had(see pics) and went and shot some 50 yard 5-shot test groups with each. I ran 25 rounds of cheap Remington stuff to foul the bore, then started testing. I know that's way too early for you seasoned rimfire guys, but all I really had was the good stuff after those 25. I did fire 10 rounds of each type to season the bore before firing the test group. Not super scientific, but was trying to get it done on my lunch break.

The result = I'm super impressed!!!!! Had a very switchy cross-wind, but still managed to stack them pretty well given conditions and a new bore. The Wolf was the only disappointment, but I shot it early and it may settle in now that there are more rounds on it. It usually does good in my other stuff. Not all roses though, mine needs some adjustments on feeding and it's fighting the Jewell a little. I'll get it sorted though. Dave's ran flawless and shot right with mine.

About the pricing, tricky question because it depends on how you finish them out. The barreled actions are $650. They have a trigger, one mag and bottom metal. Their bottom metal only fits their inlet, so mostly useless on an M5. We have some leftover Grayboe Renegades available for $200.

Comment

Wow. That's impressive!

Comment

Man, that's about what I spent building my 10/22.... Wish I would have waited!

Comment

Spurh on the .22?! Overkill is underrated and I’m a fan. Well played amigo!

Comment

Man I want one. Might need to make a call on Monday.

Comment

Find some Eley Tenex or Match. They are both really good (and pricey.)

Comment

Can you explain the bottom metal to me. You said the bottom metal only fits their inlet? I thought it was a 700 drop in? So if I bought the HMR it would only work on the HMR? I’m getting closer to drop the money and was trying to figure which direction to go.

Comment

Originally posted by snipermedic View Post
                            Can you explain the bottom metal to me. You said the bottom metal only fits their inlet? I thought it was a 700 drop in? So if I bought the HMR it would only work on the HMR? I’m getting closer to drop the money and was trying to figure which direction to go.
                            Yes, the bottom metal that comes with the barreled actions seems to be unique to their stock inlets. You could probably open up a Rem BDL inlet to accept it, but an M5 inlet is way too big. M5 is the universal standard for AICS pattern magazines, therefore will be the most common option you will find on aftermarket stocks set up to run DBM. Just something to be aware of for guys trying to piece one of these together.

Comment

Originally posted by kck View Post
                              Spurh on the .22?! Overkill is underrated and I’m a fan. Well played amigo!
                              Haha! That scope pretty much stays married to that mount so I can throw it on whatever I want to test. I did kind of chuckle when cinching it down on a 22

Comment

Working...
                              X