No announcement yet.

Pool owners... in-floor pool system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I build pools/kitchens/wine cellars for a living. In floors are expensive and don’t clean that well. You’d be better off buying a robotic pr pressure side and investing the rest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Take Dead Aim View Post
      What systems do yall install?
      A&A

Comment

Originally posted by LFD2037 View Post
        That’s a nice unit! We had our pool plumbed for Polaris vacuum but skipped the pump and unit. That saved us $1,500. Our robot cost $750 so we saved $750 and got a much better cleaning unit that is less maintenance with less electrical bill.
        The robotic units are definitely the way to go in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
          A&A
          Paramount is the only way to go. The rest are not well designed.

Comment

Is a Paramount system considered a in floor cleaning system. The house we bought has this & it works just fine. Only one small spot that gathers a small amount of debris.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasTK View Post
              Is a Paramount system considered a in floor cleaning system. The house we bought has this & it works just fine. Only one small spot that gathers a small amount of debris.
              Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by Take Dead Aim View Post
                Paramount is the only way to go. The rest are not well designed.
                I'll have to check them out.

Comment

I've got a in floor cleaning system. It works great. Lots of trees around pool and it keeps up with all the leaves.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

is there a rechargeable cordless pool robot on the market? trying to avoid cord tangle issue with my in pool table.

Comment

tagged

Comment

Originally posted by RShockley View Post
                        Does anyone make a cordless robotic cleaner that self navigates returns to it’s docking station by itself like an iRobot vacuum?
                        I’m not aware of one and seriously doubt there’s one available. If there is, it’s be at least $3,000. That would be some serious technology!
                        Mine does self navigate. The first 20 minutes of the cycle, it’s mapping the pool so it knows where it’s been and where it hasn’t. It’s actually pretty impressive.

Comment

I did not know that existed 6 years ago when we built our 35,000 gallon cement pond. Sounds pretty cool actually. But I am impressed with our Polaris also.[emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

I have been in the pool biz for 19 years from building to now service/ remodeling (in the liberty hill area btw). The paramount in flooor systems work well if and only if they are setup correctly. Most of the time they are not and you end up with dirty spots which defeats the purpose. I service 52 pools a week and have 2 or 3 with in floor systems and 1 has a Polaris as well because it was a poor design on the in floor system. I have remodeled 4-5 older pools that have the in floor system and the people say they have never worked and ask me to remove the system and plaster over them and set them up with a pressure side Polaris. In my opinion I would not spend the money on the in floor system it’s to many mechanical parts and the heads need replaced every so often and there’s gears and everything else. I’d get a pressure side Polaris 280 and call it a day.

Comment

I don’t think they are worth the $

Comment

Originally posted by texaswoods5 View Post
                                As a pool service guy I personally think there a waste of money. I've never seen one work the way they tell you. All I've seen them do is move dirt from one part of your pool to another. I would recommend a pressure side cleaner and the one I like now is the Polaris Quatro sport. Works awesome. Also would be less expensive then an in-floor cleaning system.
                                This is what we’re we’re told too. Not worth it. We love our Dolphin nautilus. Way better than the Polaris and climbs the walls.

Comment

Working...
                                X