Depth/Fish Finder Recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Depth/Fish Finder Recommendations

Looking to buy a new fish finder for my aluminum Xpress boat. I'm wanting to do some type of side scan graph that is somewhat user friendly. Looking to spend $500-600ish on one depending on what it is. What do you recommend and why?

With the new "live" technology coming out you can get a lot of the older stuff for that money if you want to go the used route.

I use Lowrance because it sync's up with my Motorguide TM, but all brands have something similar.

I have Lowrance HDS 9 touch and HDS 5 gen 2, for the front and they also network together.

I would say get the biggest screen you can for better viewing, check Texas Fishing Forum and Bass Boat Central for used equipment.

PM with any specific questions, lots of good info out there on each brand.

Comment

We just put a Hook 7 on my buddies boat. I was impressed for the money.

Comment

I had a hook 7 tripleshot on my boat, and as far as picture quality is was pretty good for the money. Now for why I say "had". The transducer itself it long and very fragile. I broke off the first one within a month. The second one lasted two months. They are very poorly designed. The breaks were not from impact either. The elite is a more robust transducer and the touch screen is nice. I have been pleased with it so far.

Comment

Originally posted by TexanTiger View Post
          I had a hook 7 tripleshot on my boat, and as far as picture quality is was pretty good for the money. Now for why I say "had". The transducer itself it long and very fragile. I broke off the first one within a month. The second one lasted two months. They are very poorly designed. The breaks were not from impact either. The elite is a more robust transducer and the touch screen is nice. I have been pleased with it so far.
          Yeah that transducer is huge. When he pulled it out of the box we both just looked at each other. Then our inner teenagers kicked in and lots of jokes were made

Comment

I just bought 2 garmin 93sv from cabelas that I’ve been happy with so far. They were $499
            You can get a lot of the older models of just about all the brands right now pretty cheap

Comment

Garmin echo plus or uhv. Dang good deals in the echopluses

Comment

Originally posted by kruppa24 View Post
                I just bought 2 garmin 93sv from cabelas that I’ve been happy with so far. They were $499
                You can get a lot of the older models of just about all the brands right now pretty cheap

This hands down. I bought one as well, preparing for Livescope in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Have one as well, great units for money

Comment

Pm sent

Comment

They are all good. It depends on what you want and read. Everybody looks and sees a chart different. I personally think Lowrance has a better picture but the bird is awesome as well. Garmin I can’t read for **** but haven’t spent the screen time .
                      Last edited by BrandonA; 04-15-2020, 08:21 PM.

Comment

I've got a Hook 7....for $300 it's not bad. I'm not trying to win the classic, so for my limited needs (GPS, depth, downscan, etc) its been ideal.

Comment

Working...
                        X