No announcement yet.

Indian artifact excavation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here’s a couple pieces from the Concan area found on the banks of the Frio. I’m interested to know more about the larger one.

-------------------------------
    Violence never settles anything
    -Genghis Kahn

Comment

Here's some birdies from central Texas

[ATTACH]920080[/ATTACH]

Comment

Originally posted by steve morton View Post
        [ATTACH]920080[/ATTACH]
        Sweet. looks like Brazos goodies.

Comment

Navasota drainage.

Comment

Dad and sister found these on Lake Creek in Magnolia. Always heard they were there just never looked. Can anyone give me any info they could just from seeing the pics about what type they might be? I don’t know anything about age or types. I would really appreciate it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Top pic... the top two brokes are unidentifyable and probably were never finished. The white item to left is interesting but i need a close up pic. Long skinny point is likely Wells related and 7,000ish years old.

Bottom point was a killer perdiz with the stem snapped off. 600-1200yrs old.

Comment

Originally posted by steve morton View Post
                Navasota drainage.
                Yep. Brazos drains Navasota. same stuff. Cool birdies. i really like the frileys.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                  Top pic... the top two brokes are unidentifyable and probably were never finished. The white item to left is interesting but i need a close up pic. Long skinny point is likely Wells related and 7,000ish years old.

Bottom point was a killer perdiz with the stem snapped off. 600-1200yrs old.

Man that is awesome. Thank you for the info, Steve. I would really like your thoughts on the white one. We believe it is some sort of fossilized tooth but don’t know for sure. All the lines are there and I cannot think of a single other thing it could be. Thoughts anyone?

Comment

I was walking along a pig trail this weekend, looking for a place to set up. Pretty snaky country so I was watching the ground close. Saw this little piece and picked it up. About the size of a 50 cent piece. I am thinking it is probably just a small scraper. But, it is so nice and round and well made, I thought maybe it could be something else. Anyways, it was unique enough (to me) I wanted to get you guys opinion on it.

This is on some higher ground 1/4 to 1/2 mile from a good creek. I imagine there is probably more stuff around and I plan to look this fall.

IMG_4440 by , on Flickr

IMG_4442 by , on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by hound dog View Post
                      Awesome!! When they dig up my property in 200years, they will find a bunch of blunts

No way a cigar will last that long in the ground. [emoji51]

Comment

Originally posted by Jethro View Post
                        I was walking along a pig trail this weekend, looking for a place to set up. Pretty snaky country so I was watching the ground close. Saw this little piece and picked it up. About the size of a 50 cent piece. I am thinking it is probably just a small scraper. But, it is so nice and round and well made, I thought maybe it could be something else. Anyways, it was unique enough (to me) I wanted to get you guys opinion on it.

This is on some higher ground 1/4 to 1/2 mile from a good creek. I imagine there is probably more stuff around and I plan to look this fall.

IMG_4440 by , on Flickr

IMG_4442 by , on Flickr

That is a very nice ccore struck scraper.. Almost certainly paleo. i love it.

Comment

Found one similar
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	14F68EE3-F722-435C-AB25-7D30B3FEFE44.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	24551395

Comment

I love that Steve, Love it.

Comment

Figured I would bump this thread. Dad and I plan to start digging again this spring.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                                Figured I would bump this thread. Dad and I plan to start digging again this spring.
                                Looking forward to following along!

Comment

Working...
                                X