No announcement yet.

Lost another TBH Member

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prayers sent for his family and friends. May he Rest In Peace.

Comment

Rip

Comment

Prayers for his family and friends, RIP.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
          I didn't know him, but from the posts, it looks like the Lord took another one of the good guys home early... I pray for peace and comfort for the family and friends... sure seems to be happening a lot lately... be OK with me if we broke this cycle for a bit!
          Ditto, ditto and ditto!

Comment

My name is Samantha Denton, and I was a close friend of Pat Roebuck's. I'm a member on TBH as well, but I wanted to post this information through Pat's account to make sure that people saw the obituary (below). Pat so loved this forum...

Patrick Duane “Pat” Roebuck, age 50, of Bonham, passed away, Friday, April 28, 2017, at U.T. Southwestern Medical Center in Dallas. Pat was born July 6, 1966, in Longview to Durwood Duane and Margaret Taylor Roebuck. Pat was a very active man in his short time on earth. He was a fishing guide, avid hunter, sportman, snake wrangler, airplane mechanic, heavy equipment operator, welder, butcher, taxidermist, and even a Rodeo Bull Rider. Pat enjoyed flying and was a commercial pilot. He could fly anything from a float plane to a 747 jet. He loved laughter and was a constant prankster. Pat was at his best when teaching others to do the things he enjoyed.

Graveside services are set for 11:00 a.m., Tuesday, May 2, 2017, at Blanton Creek Cemetery with Rev. Mike Fortenberry officiating. Those attending may gather at the Bagwell Community Center (1184 FM 2118, Bagwell, TX 75412) at 10:45am to travel in caravan down the road to the cemetery. Services are under the direction of Clarksville Funeral Home.

Honorary Pallbearers are, Carroll Powell, Jordan Powell, Lance Worster, Kerry Meuir, Robbie Thompson and Jessie Sutherland.

The family will receive friends Monday night from 6:00 p.m. until 8:00 p.m., at Clarksville Funeral Home (100 W College Ave, Clarksville, TX 75426).

Survivors include his parents, Duane and Margaret Roebuck of Blossom; 3 sisters, Debbie Roebuck of Blossom, Karen Powell and husband, Carroll of Wylie and Ann Worster and husband, Lance of Seattle, Washington; 1 niece, Megan Barbosa; 1 nephew, Jordan Powell; a special friend, Samantha Denton of Dallas; and his ex-wife, Dianne Roebuck.

Online condolences may be made to the Roebuck family at www.clarksvillefuneralhome.com .

Those of you who knew Pat can attest to the fact that he was "larger than life." He lived life to its fullest and had recently said that he was blessed to have gotten to do all of the things in his life that he ever wanted to do. He will be deeply missed by all who knew him.

Comment

Rip prayers sent.

Comment

Gone way to soon
                Prayers for his family and friends

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Condolences to Pat’s family.

You could tell by his posts he was one of the good guys.

Comment

I've been asked by many what happened, so I'd like to share what I know. Please feel free to correct any discrepancies, Sam.

Pat first had pancreatitis, but as he began to get past that, his liver began to fail. After months of illness and going from over 300# down to 175#, I was shocked when I saw him. He didn't look like the same person as I'm sure you can image. He finally got a liver transplant a couple of weeks ago. There were a few complications, but docs were optimistic and he actually was feeling better. He took a turn for the worse last Friday and docs noticed his lactic acid was at levels that told them some tissue somewhere was dying. They did emergency surgery and discovered his intestines were dying and the only thing they could do for him then was to keep him comfortable. He asked me to keep it quiet as he didn't want anyone to make a big deal about it. That was Pat. Never wanting the limelight. I learned a great deal from Pat over the years and we spent many days afield together hunting and fishing. He was an avid bowhunter, and as has already been said, he loved to mentor kids. I believe he got as much of a kick outta watchin my son Dillon catch a fish than just about anything. Folks, the world is at a loss. This man, my dear friend, is one that I loved and respected very much. My heart is in my throat and the sadness comes and goes. It's a very sad day for all who knew him. I try to remember that death is just a part of life and none of us are immune. One day, it will come for all of us. Until then, let's all take a lesson from Pat. Live it up!!

RIP Pat. I'll join you on that big hunt before too long. He lives eternally....

...in the wind.

Last edited by DeerTexas; 05-01-2017, 09:26 AM.

Comment

Sad deal, very young but sounds like he lived life to the fullest. I bet he is now standing with God.

Comment

Originally posted by DeerTexas View Post
                        I've been asked by many what happened, so I'd like to share what I know. Please feel free to correct any discrepancies, Sam.

Pat first had pancreatitis, but as he began to get past that, his liver began to fail. After months of illness and going from over 300# down to 175#, I was shocked when I saw him. He didn't look like the same person as I'm sure you can image. He finally got a liver transplant a couple of weeks ago. There were a few complications, but docs were optimistic and he actually was feeling better. He took a turn for the worse last Friday and docs noticed his lactic acid was at levels that told them some tissue somewhere was dying. They did emergency surgery and discovered his intestines were dying and the only thing they could do for him then was to keep him comfortable. He asked me to keep it quiet as he didn't want anyone to make a big deal about it. That was Pat. Never wanting the limelight. I learned a great deal from Pat over the years and we spent many days afield together hunting and fishing. He was an avid bowhunter, and as has already been said, he loved to mentor kids. I believe he got as much of a kick outta watchin my son Dillon catch a fish than just about anything. Folks, the world is at a loss. This man, my dear friend, is one that I loved and respected very much. My heart is in my throat and the sadness comes and goes. It's a very sad day for all who knew him. I try to remember that death is just a part of life and none of us are immune. One day, it will come for all of us. Until then, let's all take a lesson from Pat. Live it up!!

RIP Pat. I'll join you on that big hunt before too long. He lives eternally....

...in the wind.

Very touching tribute. Pat was for sure a gentle giant and he loved bringing a smile to kiddos face.

Comment

very sad

Comment

You explained it just right Scott. Pat was "larger than life," and he will leave an unfillable gaping hole in the lives of many. Personally, my life will never be the same.

Comment

Pat was my oldest Sons best friend for most of their lives. He spent countless hours at our house when they were young. My Son has a hole in his heart that will never be filled. But he also has a heart full of cherished memories that he will keep with him forever.

I hunted and fished with Pat a lot over the years. I will miss him. He touched everyone who knew him.

We will see him again one day!

Wayne

Comment

prayers to his family

Comment

Working...
                                X