2018/19 East Texas Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EastTexas88 View Post
    ****.. Doesnt make me feel very confident haha.. Wheres your lease located?

Splendora.
    I did see 3 deer two days ago on my way back into camp between rain showers (10:30). 1 racked buck and 2 does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DaveC View Post
      Splendora.
      I did see 3 deer two days ago on my way back into camp between rain showers (10:30). 1 racked buck and 2 does.

Ah that makes me feel a little better haha

Comment

Well, I ran down to my lease property in Southern Liberty County at daylight this morning to get cameras and pop ups out of the woods before all that Trinity River water gets here... The river below Liberty is 100% bank full and beginning to spill out in some low lying areas (which is in a lot of places)... Got all my stuff I'd planned to bring out plus moved some other equipment to higher ground. If I'd have brought my bow, I could have shot a nice doe pretty easy... I watched two mature does and a yearling feed around under some oaks while I was goin' about the business of removing a pop up and getting the camera off the trail... They didn't even spook and I drove within 25 yards of them on the way out (in my ATV)... I stopped and got out and stood by the ATV... They just stood there looking at me at about 30 yards... Haven't started to look at cards from the cameras yet... Things were sure looking up this year too... That water coming down from Livingston will pretty much give us a washout for a while... for the THIRD YEAR IN A ROW!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
          Well, I ran down to my lease property in Southern Liberty County at daylight this morning to get cameras and pop ups out of the woods before all that Trinity River water gets here... The river below Liberty is 100% bank full and beginning to spill out in some low lying areas (which is in a lot of places)... Got all my stuff I'd planned to bring out plus moved some other equipment to higher ground. If I'd have brought my bow, I could have shot a nice doe pretty easy... I watched two mature does and a yearling feed around under some oaks while I was goin' about the business of removing a pop up and getting the camera off the trail... They didn't even spook and I drove within 25 yards of them on the way out (in my ATV)... I stopped and got out and stood by the ATV... They just stood there looking at me at about 30 yards... Haven't started to look at cards from the cameras yet... Things were sure looking up this year too... That water coming down from Livingston will pretty much give us a washout for a while... for the THIRD YEAR IN A ROW!!!

It's like they know when you aren't trying to kill them! Glad you got some of your stuff out of there! You might have to use that Liberty County tag behind your house this year instead.

Comment

I'll be on my first hunt as well come Friday morning.

Where do you hunt?

Comment

Charlie we passed the trinity at riverside yesterday and the water is way up out of the banks ,y'all might want to get in as many hunts as you can now it's just going to get more water for a while

Comment

Yep, Kyle that's why I went and got my stuff... Prediction is that by Thursday night/Friday morning, we'll have 30' at the Hwy 90 bridge in Liberty... 26 is flood stage... When it's 30 feet, I can bowfish out of my ATV on the main road going into the property!
                I took a quick look at my camera cards and I do have a beautiful mature 10 point coming into one set pretty regular too... Might try to slip out there in the morning and give him a whirl...

Comment

finally got a decent buck showing up. Been 99% hogs until last night

Comment

Originally posted by TalonErickson7 View Post
                    Where do you hunt?

Jasper County off Hwy 83, yourself??

Comment

Little buddies first hunt

Late post just joined.Took my little buddy with me for the first time opening day and got our target buck. This lease is MLD3 so we were able to sit in the gun stand. Slow morning but that afternoon it happened. He was getting restless until we had a few does show up. About 45 minutes before dark I told him we needed to be real quite because the big boys were about to start moving. Not 5 minutes later here he came!

Comment

I've informed my wife that I am leaving for the lease Friday and staying through Tuesday so she's on her own. I've been screwed out of a several days of hunting so far this season so she knew better than to give me any grief. LOL Right now I am just chomping at the bit.

Comment

Originally posted by cgood11 View Post
                          Late post just joined.Took my little buddy with me for the first time opening day and got our target buck. This lease is MLD3 so we were able to sit in the gun stand. Slow morning but that afternoon it happened. He was getting restless until we had a few does show up. About 45 minutes before dark I told him we needed to be real quite because the big boys were about to start moving. Not 5 minutes later here he came!

Get your post count up so we can see your pictures.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                            Get your post count up so we can see your pictures.
                            New to posting...I think I saw something about 30 post?!?!

Comment

Jasper County off Hwy 83, yourself??

East Montgomery County.
                              Good luck this weekend!

Comment

Originally posted by cgood11 View Post

This post is useless with out pics!
                                Go post “Ttt” on every other thread you see till your counts up.
                                Everyone will understand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X