Who will not take the 1,200??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who will not take the 1,200??

I hear a lot of people saying they will not take the $1,200.

Can you explain why?

If the government is giving most people money then the people working and paying taxes will be paying it back. So in my mind if you don't take it you're just double screwing yourself.

People act like it's welfare and don't want the help. But unless I have this all wrong that's not the case at all.

If they offer for you to pay $1,200 less in taxes here in a month will you tell them to screw off and pay them the full amount or take off $1,200 from you tax bill?

Just sign it and send it to me. I guarantee you its mine anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
      People act like it's welfare and don't want the help. But unless I have this all wrong that's not the case at all.
      Not saying I disagree, but how do you explain that it's nothing like welfare?

Comment

Interesting thread![emoji848]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

IF you have anything coming, it it just a tax credit on your 2020 tax bill. If you do not take you are essentially refusing to LOWER your Federal income tax.

Comment

Originally posted by kae006 View Post
            Not saying I disagree, but how do you explain that it's nothing like welfare?
            If it goes to most people.....I guess you could still call it welfare though.

I see welfare as the top 80% pay taxes and the lowest 20% that do not pay taxes get welfare. In this case a majority of people who pay taxes get it also so it's more like just keeping more of your own money.

But again is there anyone who plans to refuse the money?

Comment

I was initially in the “don’t take it” group, but after reading more, it’s no different than if the prez had said we are lowering taxes in 2020. So I plan on taking my check and paying 1/2 of my 2019 taxes

Comment

I have not seen a refund in 16 years. I figure I’ll keep it if i get it.

Comment

People saying they won’t take it, need to go read the bill. And people who don’t qualify due to income but say they are paying for it.. well, you’re right, but the person qualifying also paid for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

People that say they aren’t taking it are full of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If I receive a check it's going into my bank account. June 15th I'll be paying it back to cover my 2019 tax liability.

Comment

I wont take it because I'm not eligible.

So feel free to send me yalls checks I'm paying for with my taxes.

Comment

The point of the checks are to stimulate the economy by you spending the 1200 somewhere that you would not have been able to. There will be stupid purchases and smart purchases but I expect that for most people it will just to help with everyday living expenses.

Comment

It's already spent$$$$

Comment

can you actually refuse it? I thought that it was going into a direct deposit account in your name.
                              I suppose that you can do whatever you wish with it after that.
                              yeah, me and my wife have talked about donating it to some of the charities that we already donate to.

on a side note: do we receive a 1099 on it?

Comment

Working...
                              X