No announcement yet.

Dollar shave club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did the Dorco combo package. The disposables are garbage, but I do like the cartridge razors pretty well. I also like the universal mount with the handles where you can use the handle with every cartridge blade they make. After sampling everything, I think I've settled on the 4-blade cartridge.

The only other thing I need is a travel case for the razor. Cannot find one on Dorco's site. Any leads?

Comment

A thread about men shaving....Geesh.....What's next, favorite tampon brand?

"A man without a beard is like a woman with one."

-Abe Lincoln, 1775

Comment

Originally posted by Blood Trail View Post

-Abe Lincoln, 1775

Those will come up right after the "what's your favorite brand of nail clippers?" threads in the offseason.

Comment

Originally posted by Blood Trail View Post

-Abe Lincoln, 1775

You did not have to read it.

Comment

Originally posted by Big C View Post
            X2
            X3

Comment

Been using them for about a year now. Saving big money compared to not buying Mach3 razors. Use them once and toss 'em. Good shave for the money and real convenient. Matter of fact was made aware of them from the green screen last year.

Comment

Merkur 34C is a good safety razor setup - I have two of them. It will take trying a few types of blades to find one that's best for you. I've tried about 10 brands so far. Cleanest but can tear you up are the Feather brand. I just bought 100 of the Astra because it was a deal. If I don't like them I'll toss them and try another. So much cheaper than the multiple blade razors.

Comment

Originally posted by 125Dad View Post
                  You did not have to read it.

Easy woman, just trying to save a few good men on here.

Comment

Originally posted by one66stang View Post
                    Dollar Shave Club buys from DorcoUSA
                    Been using Dorco since I stumbled upon this.

A Review Of Dorco Razors
                    Shaving is an expensive endeavor, especially if you're going to use name brand razors and blades. Normally, I shave with a straight razor and trim my goatee with an electric trimmer. Although I find it very relaxing to shave with a straight razor, I don't always have time to do so. When I need a quick shave before work or a night out, I have always had to revert back to using my name brand razor, which is a Schick Quattro Titanium with Trimmer. I go through about eight cartridges on that in a month, which costs me at least $20.

I recently investigated DollarShaveClub.com which has a great marketing campaign, launched with an amazing viral video and offers shaving supplies delivered to your doorstep at reasonable prices. However, I cringed at the idea of getting sucked into providing a perpetual revenue stream for these guys. I don't like the idea of a having yet another monthly bill, especially for something like shaving supplies.

I did a little more investigating and it turns out that DollarShaveClub.com is just a re-seller. They acquire their razors from Dorco USA, re-package them, jack up the price and sell them to the consumer. Consider this: Dollar Shave Club's high-end razor, "The Executive", which has six blades, lube strips and a pivoting head, will cost you $90 over 10 months (razor plus 3 catridges per month). Dorco offers a six-blade model, the SXA1000, that has the same features as "The Executive", but costs only $28.66 for a 10-month supply (the razor plus 30 cartridges).

I took the plunge and ordered from Dorco. Apparently, they're perpetually out-of-stock of many of their items. I was able to get their Father's Day variety pack for a mere $29.50 which consists of:

SXA5000: 6 Blade with Trimmer System for Men
                    TRA1040: 3 Blade System for Men Cartridges (x4)
                    SXA200 3B: 6 Blade Disposable for Men
                    FRA100 3B: 4 Blade Disposable for Men (x7)
                    It shipped quickly, and, since the total was over $25, shipping was free. So, how does it shave? The blades are all a little "tuggy" at first, but after those first two swipes, the shave is great. It offers a closer shave than my Quattro. What's even better is that each Dorco cartridge is compatible with each razor. So, a three blade cartridge will fit on a six blade razor. I do wish that the lubrication strip lasted longer than it does, but that's not a huge deal to me. I'm just glad it doesn't smell like lavender.

Bottom line here is, if you can deal with their inventory issues and don't mind ordering your supplies in bulk, then Dorco offers a great way to shave and save.

Comment

I've used it for 4 months now very happy

Comment

I use em, no hidden fees and always ships out the same time every month...zero complaints here

Comment

I have had it going on three months now. I use the 4 blade razor because I am required to shave before work everyday :/. I have sensitive skin and since I have been using their razors and shaving gel, my face no longer gets irritated after shaving and I don't get ingrown hairs nearly as bad as I use to when I bought those cheap razors from the store. They also send you free samples of stuff here and there so that's nice. And you can choose how often you receive the razors, or you can even pause until you really need them and start it back up again without any fees.

Comment

Bumping this thread back up. Just had my first dollar shave club shave last night and I was pleasantly surprised. Now just to figure out if I need to do the every month or every other month option.

Comment

I use Dorco USA, have been for about 3 years. Just ordered a years supply of blades and a extra razor $17.00 with shipping

Comment

Dang..you guys weren't kidding about Dorco. Looks like the exact same razors

Comment

Working...
                                X