No announcement yet.

Looking to rehome cute adorable pet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long is he ? If he’s over 30” I would love to have him. Skin it and dry it, roll it up and send it. Would love some to back bows with.

Comment

Just imagine how many compliments your wife would get at the grocery store with that little thing sticking its head out of her purse.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenZ View Post
        I usually find at least two a night this time of year if I stay out late enough. My dog points them out like a quail. This is probably the biggest Copperhead I’ve killed.

I bet I’ve killed 40+ this year so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        What kind of dog?

Comment

Originally posted by marlinboy33 View Post
          What kind of dog?
          A smart one, he's looking very closely before taking action.

Comment

That will make a good pet for your deer blind.

Comment

Originally posted by marlinboy33 View Post
              What kind of dog?
              She’s a silver lab.

Comment

We killed 16 in 6 weeks last summer, all right around the house. Had 2 dogs bit, a big one chased me in flips flops(that's what i get for hunting them in flip flops). We had not even looked this year until Saturday night after shooting fireworks. Found the first one in 2 minutes.

Sent from my SM-T837A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                  Your rat population is going to EXPLODE if you get rid of that poor thing...
                  We have a lot of rat snakes. They are all over the place. We have a tree rat problem, that I have been working on, but not really a rat area. Lots of oaks and sand. I don't see a copper head eating many rats, mice yea.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenZ View Post
                    I usually find at least two a night this time of year if I stay out late enough. My dog points them out like a quail. This is probably the biggest Copperhead I’ve killed.

I bet I’ve killed 40+ this year so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    That sounds like us with water moccasins, years ago. Every night the dogs would find a moccasin, bark like crazy, till I went out and killed it. Just in the fenced in area of the yard where the dogs were. We would typically kill two or three a night. I am sure if I went looking for them, at night I could have found a lot more.

On at least two, I think three occasions, we had a large moccasin move into the dog house and claim it. That would really make the dogs mad. Dang snake would not let them back in their own house. They hated moccasins.
                    Last edited by RifleBowPistol; 07-10-2020, 09:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by critter69 View Post
                      How long is he ? If he’s over 30” I would love to have him. Skin it and dry it, roll it up and send it. Would love some to back bows with.
                      I want to skin some myself. I am trying to kill them without doing much damage. I have one rattler in the freezer already. I really want some copper heads. Three of the four I have found, were about 18" to 24". I found one last year, that was around 4 ft. I tried very hard to get that one, it got up into some thick briars. I could not keep up with it. I wanted that snake in the freezer pretty badly. That one was a very pretty colored snake. The first one I killed last year, also had some nice color to him. The one I killed and damaged the hide on a month ago, had some good color. This one, is not near as nice looking as those other three.

I plan on building some custom rifle stocks for a couple of rifles. I am thinking, that I want a sling made with a copper head skin. Then see what else I can come up with. I need to get out at night and look for them. I know we have a lot of them around. Our neighbors talk about killing them all the time.

Comment

Some of us traditional bow guys get a couple of nice looking big snake skins and back self bows, longbows even recurve limbs. Snakeskins make mighty good camo, and just look cool. Don’t lean your snakeskin backed bow against a tree and wander off, you might not find it again.

Comment

They are pretty snakes.
                          I really appreciate snakes and the non venomous ones get a pass from me. Those however get a whack a stick or shovel or shotgun shell . . .

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Hat band!

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
                              Second one I have killed in the yard, this summer. Got this one, while walking around the house, tonight.

I have never seen one in my life, in the wild, till we moved to where we are now. Since last summer I have now seen four, killed three. The big one got away. The other one I killed a while back, looked like it and this one were probably siblings.

Where I grew up, I would kill water moccasins almost every night and then some during the day. Our dogs would find them in the yard almost every night and bark, till I got there.
                              Need to find the den and eradicate them all.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

We used to own a place in central Texas infested with copperheads and coral snakes. Before we sold the place, I ran across this one on my last visit. Almost stepped on the second one that was with it (not pictured).
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X