Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by iamntxhunter View Post
    Better think again, he will conform.
    I personally know a young man, who is a Tech grad, who partied with Mahomes at Tech.. He said that dude smokes more weed than Cheech and Chong.. I believe him....

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
      I have a 12 yr old son who is infatuated with Patrick Mahomes.... so it will be on my TV. But I think Mahomes has enough sense to avoid the fray.
      It is a shame that the good guys in sport have to deal with this stupidity.

Comment

Is there still a NFL?

Comment

Yup

Originally posted by sp-bow View Post
          Is there still a NFL?
          "No F'n Liver" for me. I hope they dry up like the creek in west Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by sp-bow View Post
            Is there still a NFL?

Not for long if you ask me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I done with them. Been a Cowboys fan for over 40 years won’t watch any nfl anymore done

Comment

Originally posted by Killer View Post
                I done with them. Been a Cowboys fan for over 40 years won’t watch any nfl anymore done
                I’m right there with ya, will get sick all the BLM bull crap before the game.

Comment

[emoji16][emoji23]

Comment

Re-segregation by the side that fought so hard to be equal is an odd thing to see. Although, you can't really be surprised by anything these days. The melting pot doesn't work when all the ingredients want to be their own dish.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                      [emoji16][emoji23]

http://youtu.be/K8JGNChUVzk
                      I love those Hodge twins!

Comment

Originally posted by CEO View Post
                        Re-segregation by the side that fought so hard to be equal is an odd thing to see. Although, you can't really be surprised by anything these days. The melting pot doesn't work when all the ingredients want to be their own dish.

Comment

"No refuge could save the hireling & slave/

From the terror of flight or the gloom of the grave:/

And the star-spangled banner in triumph doth wave/

O’er the land of the free & the home of the brave."

Could have something to do with this ...

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
                            "No refuge could save the hireling & slave/

From the terror of flight or the gloom of the grave:/

And the star-spangled banner in triumph doth wave/

O’er the land of the free & the home of the brave."

Could have something to do with this ...

What about it?
                            painting a picture of what was taking place at that time nothing more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

What about it?

painting a picture of what was taking place at that time nothing more

Imagine that, the world was an entire different place in the 1700's.... it was a brutal, eat or be eaten world.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
                                Do not be too sure. He is one of those that is of a mixed race, Mom white, Dad Black and most I have had to deal with in my life and seen on TV and wherever else have said they are BLACK. Mahomes, may be different, we will see.
                                Doug, my mother is Creole/Mulatoo but that is considered black per the old Black Codes. She was not invited to attend the white school in St. James Parish, La.! She was not allowed to vote! She could not drink from certain water fountains! 50/50 is deemed black, just the way it is. People of mixed race don't have to choose or get to choose, it is basically the one drop rule from our history books. Right or wrong that is why folks you have dealt with say they are black.........it is not worth the fight.
                                Oh, my maternal grandmother was a "Mammie" on the Graunyard Plantation. We have posted pictures of her in that 20 year role on Ancestry.com. She was also dearly loved by the eight Graunyard children she raised as well. The few living children tell my mother that all the time when they cross paths in Vacherie, La. My mom smiles gingerly and moves on as she says a silent prayer. Lets not confuse that role at that plantation with one of stature, grace, respect and advancement. The families look at it much differently.
                                Originally posted by Playa View Post
                                I have questions.

How does a group have a national anthem and yet no sovereign nation?
                                What isn’t uplifting about America’s national anthem?
                                Is the NFL actually going to placate to this BS?
                                Per your questions:
                                There is no such thing as a Black National Anthem. That is basically the term/nickname of what the song "Lift Every Voice & Sing" evolved into over time/decades.......during the heart of sanctioned segregation. Nobody truly knows who gave it the nickname of the Black National Anthem. It was written as a poem......just like Francis Scott Key. It was turned into a HYMN (Lift Every Voice & Sing) and evolved many years after that because of the inspiration it evoked during the darkest days post reconstruction. It has nothing against America or other races in it. Just a hymnal song that obviously most folks never knew existed.
                                Your 2nd question was answered by another THBer concerning the 3rd stanza. Nobody sings that stanza and/or don't even know it existed in the original poem/lyrics.
                                Lastly per the NFL. I do consider it pandering and not addressing other NFLPU issues around concussions, pensions, health benefits, etc. Those are huge issues that affect all 1,400 current roster members for a LIFETIME. It appears a huge swath of the players & ex players are coming to that same conclusion. I am more than confident that the NFL has worked the bean counters for weeks to determine how this could possibly affect the bottom line. I surmise they are comfortable with the projected P&L Statement.......or they dang sure would not be considering it as an option!
                                Last edited by Landrover; 07-10-2020, 03:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X