Above Ground Pool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Above Ground Pool

Not looking for a permanent one but want decent quality. Stuck at home, and the in ground project has been deferred due to $22/bbl oil. What do I need to look for? Any brand better than another? Lets say $500 budget, less is better.

I’m in on this!

Comment

anyone?

Comment

Following,

The wife asked me the same thing yesterday in for best options and pricing..

Comment

Go to the river or lake and enjoy is your best option. Above ground has very little insulation and water temps very greatly and chemicals will cost you.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
            Go to the river or lake and enjoy is your best option. Above ground has very little insulation and water temps very greatly and chemicals will cost you.
            My honey do list is seriously as follows:

1. order above ground pool for the kiddo
            2. get a price on patio extension since no inground pool
            3. find reasonably affordable boat to go to the lake

I'll spend a couple hundred bucks on a pool to burn through that list but you are 100% correct.

Comment

The ones we had the pumps seemed small and if you dont run them 24/7 you can get behind on keeping it clear. A larger sand filter will serve you better maybe find a used one for not much. A solar cover helps warm the water and protect the chemicals these are cheap on amazon. Keep a chlorine tablet in a floating dispenser and you should be good. That is about all we do with the current one.

Comment

Intex. Get one that comes with a sand pump.

Comment

Great information, keep it coming...

Comment

Thread on here from just the other day with some info.

Comment

Yeah. Intel is fine. Just get the one with a sand filter. Those cartridge deals are pure D Shiite.

Comment

I got this to last us a while. Its a bit higher than your price listed. I also swapped out the DE filter for a cartridge filter and bigger pump package. I added a side wall skimmer too.

Comment

I have a intex for goin on 6 yrs now. The sand filter and saltwater system make it way easier to maintain.

Comment

My mom had one that was about 20' in diameter. Once she switched to a sand filter and kept chlorine in it there weren't to many problems. Hers happened to be in the shade after about noon so that helped a little with the hot water issue. It still was never comfortably cool.

Comment

We have a 24' Intex with the bigger pump and sand filter and it will last you several years until your ready for your inground!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X