? Home heat is working- outside fan isn’t

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

? Home heat is working- outside fan isn’t

I’m obviously not a HVAC guy. Can we limp along until we can get someone out? Or just turn the system off and do the best we can keeping the house warm ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Switch your thermostat to emergency heat or auxiliary

Comment

Sounds like you have a heat pump. Turn on the emergency heat and inside elements should start heating.

Comment

Will do. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If you set to regular heat. You can hit the outside blade in the direction it would spin with a paint stick or such. If your fan takes off its a capacitor

Comment

With a heat pump is it best to just switch it to emergency heat or let the heat pump work till it’s switches to emergency heat on its own? My heat up is still keeping the house warm but I’m hearing I should just switch it to emergency heat anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
              With a heat pump is it best to just switch it to emergency heat or let the heat pump work till it’s switches to emergency heat on its own? My heat up is still keeping the house warm but I’m hearing I should just switch it to emergency heat anyway.
              I was wondering the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by BW412 View Post
                I was wondering the same thing.
                Was told by EllisCoHog (our resident hvac guy here) to just switch it.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                  Was told by EllisCoHog (our resident hvac guy here) to just switch it.
                  Thank you sir

Comment

We’ve been thru the same with our heat pumps. Switched them to emergency heat and run electric heaters at each end of the house.
                    Last edited by jmeghunts; 02-14-2021, 07:33 AM.

Comment

Anything under about 36 for long periods of time you should switch to emergency heat.

Comment

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
                        And get ready for a lot higher electric bill, good O efficient heat pumps.

Comment

Now y’all are switching to em heat because your heat pumps or outside fan isn’t working?

Comment

My unit has been keeping up but its been running almost non stop. Should i just turn it to emergency?

Comment

Originally posted by 67olds442 View Post
                              My unit has been keeping up but its been running almost non stop. Should i just turn it to emergency?
                              Yes, This turns on the aux heat strips. They will not switch on their own so switch on anytime temp is under freezing.

Comment

Working...
                              X