Hunting this morning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hunting this morning

I've all but given up on my big buck I call Droopy. I have not seen him since November 5 and most of the other big bucks were last seen about 5 days ago. But doe season is still available and ends on Sunday. I need a break from the everyday stresses so I thought it would be fun to come hunt.

It is already a great morning and it isn't even daylight.

I walk through a 20 acre hay pasture to get to my blind. I crossed at a gate leading into a much smaller pasture and stood under an oak tree for a minute. Then I turned on my white light to scan the field. Less then 10 yards downwind was a big doe. I turned off my light. I heard her calmy walk towards me, turn into the brush to my right then cross the fence and went to the big pasture. She was calm the whole time. I kept waiting for the snort and blow out but it never came. I tried to sound like her as I crossed the mall pasture - short quick steps. Heck I fooled myself!

All is quite. Waiting on daylight.

Stealthy!

Good luck this morning Tracey!

Comment

Good luck. Sometimes deer go crazy for no reason and sometimes they act like that. Hope that continues for you

Comment

Wife and I are in the stand in Austin County. Hoping to catch a buck slipping up today good luck, Dusty B!

Comment

Good luck this morning

Comment

Me n grandson in a stand in Leon co. Spike hunting

Comment

Can't explain it but some times it seems some deer need to see the threat before they get all jumpy. This seems to be more prevalent at night. Not sure if they feel safer due to the cover of darkness. I have noticed a similar response with mouflon that if they can smell you they will get in alert mode but will not run off unless they spot you.

In for the dead deer pics!

Comment

She just knew how sweet you must be and thought no threat there. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by skipetex View Post
                  She just knew how sweet you must be and thought no threat there. Lol
                  Right
                  Probably looking for a buck
                  I wouldn’t shoot her!!

Comment

In the popup this monin. Real quiet with a little fog. Hoping for a doe but a nice buck will do also. Good luck to all thats in their blinds

Comment

In the stand with my 6 yr old. Just had 2 dow with fawns show up. He got excited and made a little noise so they slowly walked into the brush again. Feeder throws at 715. They'll be back. Hoping they pull that 10 point that I've seen on camera out!

Comment

4 n a 6ptcame by 10 min apart they are cruising this morning

Comment

Good luck to all of y'all!

And normally those does blow out and scold me hard for disrupting their morning. A small 6 point just came in and he was on pins and needles. He vacated pretty quick staring at my blind the whole time.

Comment

Front is supposed to move through tomorrow so hopefully it will be a busy day.

Comment

Unusual year for Leon co hardly any acorns what was here is about all gone
                              Coleman co no acorns all mesquite trees with no beans on them
                              Good luck everyone

Comment

Working...
                              X