Maverick Blinds from Cabelas/Bass Pro?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone have one of these? How well are they made? do they have a floor in them or do I need to make a platform for it to sit on?

My blind and one other blind at my Terrell County lease blew over several months ago when the cables broke in a storm. Roof was completely destroyed and I'm looking for an inexpensive replacement. Mine was homemade and had been in use for 8 years and has blown over twice in that time. I've gotten my money's worth out of it and I don't have the time to build another one.

Thanks in advance!

Didn’t know Cabelas/Bass Pro was selling Maverick blinds? That said, Maverick blinds are solid IMO. No, they do not come with a floor but are 2 piece design, easier to haul and get into tighter spots. I prefer them on a platform but know a lot of folks that just brush them in on the ground.
    Last edited by RascalArms; 09-22-2020, 04:02 PM.

Comment

I didn’t know they sold them either. The Maverick 6-shooter is a great bow blind. I’ve had one in the west Texas heat going on 5 years now.

Comment

I have one and three Krivomans. There are several reasons it is 3 to 1.

Comment

They are lightweight and comes in two pieces so it’s easy to haul and set up. They do not have a floor. You can purchase a floor and platform also if that’s what you want. I just put rubber horse mats in mine for a quiet floor

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post

It’s almost impossible to have a Maverick blind thread without the Krivoman boys showing up unsolicited

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
              It’s almost impossible to have a Maverick blind thread without the Krivoman boys showing up unsolicited
              It never fails

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
                It never fails
                I own both so it's only natural to try to stop a person from making the same mistake I did.
                Maverick blinds are flimsy and don't hold their shape. The plastic is thinner and softer than a Krivoman. The door and window set ups don't hold air or water. Scent containment is not possible in them.
                For the price difference it's not worth it to go with the lesser of the two. And for all of you tight wads who buy the Mavericks because they are less expensive they aren't if you get the upgrades to make them closer to Krivoman sealed up.
                Sorry if that hurts your feelings but Maverick blinds are inferior to Krivoman blinds.

Comment

I’ve not seen any of the current Maverick models but I’ve had mine for at least 6 years. I’ve never even seen a Krivoman so I have no input there.

I will somewhat mimic what Gary says about the Maverick, the door is a joke and if they still use the thin plastic windows they are a joke as well.

That being said, after seeing Gary’s I ordered and installed a deer view RV style door on my Maverick and I have replaced all of the windows with their framed in heavy duty tinted windows. I also used some weatherstripping to seal up the windows. Now a few hundred dollars later mine is so tight you can’t run a buddy heater in it closed up or it will shut off due to low oxygen.

Just know going in that you will likely spend $300 more to get a good door and windows in the Maverick if they are still building them like they used to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I own both so it's only natural to try to stop a person from making the same mistake I did.
                    Maverick blinds are flimsy and don't hold their shape. The plastic is thinner and softer than a Krivoman. The door and window set ups don't hold air or water. Scent containment is not possible in them.
                    For the price difference it's not worth it to go with the lesser of the two. And for all of you tight wads who buy the Mavericks because they are less expensive they aren't if you get the upgrades to make them closer to Krivoman sealed up.
                    Sorry if that hurts your feelings but Maverick blinds are inferior to Krivoman blinds.
                    So sell me your maverick

Comment

My 2 Mavericks windows are solid but the doors are a piece of you know what. I bought a used Krivoman shell with homemade cutout windows and a door and it survived being tossed about 200 yards into a gully by a tornado with no damage.

If I had to do it all over again it would be the Krivoman all day everyday. To me after having them, the cost between a Krivoman and the Maverick is worth it!

Comment

I own a Mav...Jeff is spot on with his comments.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

The point is every single time someone mentions a Maverick blind here come the Krivoman guys saying how great a Krivoman blind is.

The OP didn’t ask anyone to compare the two. It always turns into K vs M thread though.

IMO it’s not even fair to compare them. They are two different blinds. Krivoman is a better built, higher quality blind vs Maverick. It’s also more expensive, and it should be.
                          Neither one controls scent

Comment

The point is every single time someone mentions a Maverick blind here come the Krivoman guys saying how great a Krivoman blind is.

The OP didn’t ask anyone to compare the two. It always turns into K vs M thread though.

IMO it’s not even fair to compare them. They are two different blinds. Krivoman is a better built, higher quality blind vs Maverick. It’s also more expensive, and it should be.
                            Neither one controls scent
                            Looks like someone got their feelings hurt

Sounds more like people are trying to help the man out by telling him their experience with their own Maverick blind

Comment

Anybody that has a maverick and wants to sell it please let me know

Comment

Working...
                              X