new motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new motor

i know it has nothing to do with hunting but sure is making me grin a lot im almost there haven't had my 34 running in months but it won't be long now as for the color my uncle that ran around laporte in late 50s early 60s had a pink bike everyone laughed except after he would run them i thought of him while building this so i painted oil pan chain cover and valve covers pink i always get complaints i know its hard to read but my mind can not do punctuation i apologize
    Attached Files

Punctuation is overrated. I bet you are one heck of an engine builder. What is the 34?

Comment

More pictures please!

Comment

well id like to take alot of the credit but i cant ill try to make it short i met a guy years ago named mikey saint nicholas yep santa claus lives on my property lol anyways years later id see him on his bike sitting at the corner store in the mornings 1 day i asked him where are you living he said here and there i went home told my wife we were going to have company for awhile if it was ok with her she agreed see i have a cabin id let people sleep in so they didn't have to drive all morning to fish the next day, no one stayed in it since i had a stroke so it was available, next morning i went to the store told mikey throw his bike in the truck took him to my house told him you now have a home its small but sleeps nice he said he couldnt pay me i said you see me or she working you just help i knew he worked on cars time to time turns out he is the best mechanic ive ever met in my life that was 5 or 6 years ago some may think i tell this story because it makes me sound good mikey is my best friend now he is family its not what i done for mikey its what mikey has done for me i had a stroke a few years ago mikey knows everything i forgot with my stroke and tons more when it comes to cars i dream it up and ill start trying to put something together in the shop he just falls in and takes over we have built a few cars together like the el camino its a 12 second street car that you can drive daily i know wrap it up i tried to put punctuation more pics to follow

Comment

Hunting or not this thread will be a nice distraction from allot of the other mess floating around about current events. As mentioned punctuation is over rated at times, enjoying life is much more important. On the color pink, go for it and good for you on your remembrance of your uncle.

Comment

Great story so far, keep it coming [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

we made the hot rod power tour in 2016 full run start to finish in the 34 you see in the background of the pic of motor 3 days before we left we put a t56 magnum in and a new set of rear end gears cause a f350 thought he was going to out run me he did after second gear cause my rear exploded but we got it all back together and made the power tour i had mikey drag my trailer with my dodge since there was maybe 5 miles testing after we finished to go make a 3000 mile trip,it started off 3 or 4 hours after leaving baton rouge there was a broke down 52 chevy truck with a old man standing there i pulled up to him said i have a trailer 5 10 minutes behind me when it gets here we can load your truck take you where ever you need to go,he had nowhere to go but to the next stop of the tour which was baytown which is 30 minutes from my house so i said we can take you to my house figure out whats wrong with your truck there so we get to my shop tear his truck down that night the airfiler bolt that goes in the carb had viberated out and went into number8 cylinder how it made it i have no clue but it looked like chewed up bubble gum we honed the cylinder new head gasket and off we went he drove it the rest of the tour with mikey as a copilot the followed me he went on to drive that truck to minnesota i think it was it was hot and in july i think no ac no windows no radio no wipers but boy was it fun....

Comment

Awesome Lloyd, love the stories.

Comment

Great stories and you make a lot of work, sweat and tears sound so simple.

Comment

What a great story. I do not punctuate real well either. But one old man on here keep me on my toes.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Awesome thread and even better story as to providing a home for "Santa". Thumbs up to you and your wife!!

As for punctuation, we all struggle to punctuate correctly according to Señor Burndale so no worries there.

Comment

That's one big blower on top!

Comment

my stroke caused more loss of mental capabilities than physical i know a question mark and really that's about it when i type its like im having a conversation i cant write a number down to save my soul i get lost in my on yard i've stared at stairs wondering how to get up them my brain is shot long term is pretty good i think but then how would i know right after i first could type there were no spaces in between the words my son and daughter dealt with it but it drove them nutz and if it wasnt for that line under the words it would really be bad

Comment

had to show of my carbs

my new carbs
                            Attached Files

Comment

Brawler carbs right? Nice!

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Working...
                              X