Barndo Life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sendit View Post
    Here’s the kitchen I built from scratch with an idea in my head. It wasn’t quite done when the pic was taken. Wife did help with the rock work, painting and pouring the countertops.

https://discussions.texasbowhunter.c...0&d=1589125162
    Nice work!

Comment

Problem we had was finding property that was affordable enough to be able to afford to build a nice Barndo in our area. Got lucky and found a house/land shop that suited us, met all our needs and we actually upsized!
      We love where we are at now. Not sure we could have found a more perfect place for us!

Good luck in your search and hope you get what you are looking for.

Comment

Y’all have some very nice Barndos.

When we built almost 4 years ago we looked at these real hard but instead went ahead and had our traditional shack built.

Comment

Someone mentioned cheaper to go traditional. Why would that be? Besides today's current lumber prices of course....

Comment

I’m going to be building in the near future , will be my own general on the build and doing all the finish out my self. Will be needing concrete done and the shell put up , if anyone could tell me what the prices are now days. Just starting to put the numbers down and getting ideas on costs. Can send me a PM as not to take away from this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by orchard View Post
              Someone mentioned cheaper to go traditional. Why would that be? Besides today's current lumber prices of course....

Depends on your floor plan and roof desires. If you are ok with a mostly rectangle or square box with minimal roof direction changes and little to no offsets, then a steel building is cheaper.

Our house has many depth offsets and reverse hips/gables, etc......

A barndo build was going to cost $100k more than conventional stick building. We also wanted 100% brick & stone facade as well as tradition brick fireplace outdoors, vaulted ceilings with trusses, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I am doing a metal building cabin at the ranch now.
                Very small though. 36x36 slab.

Consider big cedar posts for the porch supports. I personally think they look pretty cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

barndo

Originally posted by solocam_aggie View Post
                  We've been in one since 16. The main thing I dont like about it is having the shop attached to the house. Seems like between putting kids down for naps, and the wife having her relaxing time, I can never get serious about work in there because it carries into the house. Our next house will have a detached shop for sure.
                  I'm with you on this...I have been tossing around the idea, but for a full time home, I want a barn to be just that.. A Barn!

Comment

Originally posted by unclefish View Post
                    We are in the finishing stages of a small barndo at our weekend property. 900sf living area 2 bedroom /2 bath with 600 sf shop.....2000sf total slab including a 10' x 50' foot porch

Not gonna live out there unless Biden hits the nuke button. The bedrooms are small but should be doable for short periods of time.

These pics might give you some ideas. We did vinyl plank flooring instead of stained concrete because I want to keep what cartilage I have left in my knees.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
                    This is what I want! Well Done

Comment

Thanks for all the responses, y'all have given me some stuff to think about. Appreciate the input.

Comment

Can't get enough of these kinda threads!

Comment

Super cool thread and ideas

Comment

Mine was 30x40..................
                            Selling it.......Was one of the the worst mistakes, I've ever made.........
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0252.JPG
Views:	7
Size:	141.5 KB
ID:	24644504

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0250.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.3 KB
ID:	24644505

Comment

[QUOTE=sailor;15464136]Mine was 30x40..................
                              Selling it.......Was one of the the worst mistakes, I've ever made.........

Why? PM me if you don't want to elaborate publicly.

Comment

Working...
                              X