No announcement yet.

High School Baseball 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My son made our local team. 68 tried out & 39 selected across V, JV1 & JV2. Our big lefty clocked 92mph during our inner squad & we are projected to take 1st in district. Hopefully Covid doesn’t kill this season
    Good luck to all

Comment

Good luck to everyone. My son is a freshman and has decided not to play this year. Yes, it's killing me.

Comment

Those high school baseball years will forever be stamped in to my mind, really was a lot of fun, won a state championship, enjoy them because they will not last long, good luck.

Comment

I called over to get a schedule and the district my kid played for might not allow fans. Id like to go to a few games but glad to sit it out and let the kids play. Wish thats what they would have done last year.

Comment

Well he made the high school team today! I also found out that all the kids I coached in select ball over the years made their teams as well with some making varsity as freshman. Very proud that the hard work paid off for all of them.

Comment

I too have a freshman that is in the middle of Tryouts for Liberty Hill.. hoping the best for these boys.

Comment

Originally posted by BobbyOrtiz View Post
                I too have a freshman that is in the middle of Tryouts for Liberty Hill.. hoping the best for these boys.

Good luck to them. They had some pretty good kids on varsity last year. My brother in law gives lessons to a few. We got to go down and play a tournament down there right before covid shut us down last year. Wish we did it again this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

What are some of the better bats the high school boys are using these days?

Comment

Originally posted by LWC View Post
                    What are some of the better bats the high school boys are using these days?
                    Cat 9 -3 are what I see a lot of the boys using.

Comment

Well the first scrimmage is Saturday. Team from what I hear is looking pretty good don’t really know because the parents are not allowed to watch because of COVID regulations. We will be allowed to watch the scrimmage so we will see. Good Luck to the boys playing!

Comment

Was just told that a number of the places we go to play will not allow fans at all, has to be tough for those parents.

Comment

Hey ill take letting the kids play. Trust me. That is really all that should matter to parents as well

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                            Hey ill take letting the kids play. Trust me. That is really all that should matter to parents as well
                            Agree but I have to think there is a bit of nervousness not being able to watch your kid play....
                            We are allowing parents at our park.

Comment

Originally posted by Grant2 View Post
                              Well he made the high school team today! I also found out that all the kids I coached in select ball over the years made their teams as well with some making varsity as freshman. Very proud that the hard work paid off for all of them.
                              Congrats!!

Comment

Originally posted by gspbrad View Post
                                Hoping for a great season for all the players. Hoping their season isn't canceled this spring.

Disappointing how much of a drop off there is playing for a HS team vs summer teams. Seems like most of the HS coaches are history teachers who coach vs being great coaches. There's a gap in coaches knowing how much more ready most of these kids are.

It's painful to watch a kid with upper 90s exit velo sac bunt 14 ABs in a row to move a runner from 1st to 2B with no outs and the hitter and base runner are sub 7 sixty guys. It's just dumb, but that's HS baseball.
                                Yes cause every kid hit .500 in travel ball and hit 90 every time they pitched. Then when they get to high school season, they cant even throw a ball 90 feet. That was a pretty crappy statement for you to make.

Comment

Working...
                                X