Retirement Buck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Retirement Buck

My dad has worked for over 40 years in the same school district, he finally hung it up in August. I really had no clue what to get him, finally my wife suggested how about a hunt. My dad has always hunted but never really spent any of his own money, our family has places to hunt and my dad even has a small place in Leon Co but truthfully he just enjoys watching. But at the same time I know he would love a nice big WT. Once the wheels started rolling I made a few calls and within 15min my dads hunt was scheduled, funny thing the ranch is actually owned by one of my dads former players, he was beyond excited to host my dad and gave me a sweet deal.
    So about a month ago me and my dad head out to Mountain Home, we meet my dads former player/student who is now very successful and super generous to my dad, I listened to them tell stories and realize how great my dad was at his job. We had the whole ranch to ourselves and he basically told my dad whatever you want you can take, the first sit my dad literally just watched in awe as we saw every animal under the sun. Once my dad saw everything he simply said I just want a old buck with some character, without going on my dad got exactly what he wanted, he was thrilled and after 40 plus years of service I think it was well worth it.
    The buck scored 150 1/4 and weighed 217.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome!!

Comment

Awesome. Just awesome.

Comment

That's awesome congratulations to your Pops.

Comment

WTG David! Awesome memories for both of you.

Comment

Awesome memories!!! Great buck too.

Comment

That’s pretty dang awesome

Comment

Thank you all very much, he has shown anyone who will look what he got. It was so cool to see him so relaxed and happy.

Comment

I hope my son loves me this much.

Comment

That’s a gnarly old buck. Super cool for you and your dad! Congrats to you both

Comment

Awesome! Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Nice!

Comment

That is a toad, congratulations!!!!!!!!

Comment

Awesome, just awesome. Your dad deserved this special day with you and he raised his son right. Great heartwarming story. Made my day. Thank you.

Comment

That’s awesome, congrats and happy retirement to your dad

Comment

Working...
                              X