No announcement yet.

Poop in the woods.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Assuming you mean at a deer camp where you go back more than one time to hunt. I use a 5 gallon bucket with a 7 gallon trash bag liner and an old toilet seat. Fill er up till ready to leave to go home then dig a shallow hole to pour remains into and cover it up. Take the dirty bag home in the camp trash bag or burn it depending on whatever you do...

Sure miss those days of being able to hunt a lease for a nominal cost that didn’t create greed and a feeling of despair if you didn’t kill something!

Comment

Saw signs in Colorado that said toilet paper was litter. Pack it out when you leave. Yeah, no.

Comment

I’d have to have a back hoe to dig a hole. My poop is like the T. rex pile the guy found his phone in. Just saying.

Comment

Agree

Originally posted by pure lefty View Post
          At my age, when it’s time to go, you don’t have time to dig. That’s the main reason you don’t see older people wear button up pants.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          X2
          I feel you pains

Comment

For anyone willing to admit they drop trow in the field attempting executing the perfect pinch has a story when things didn't go as planned.

Those are the good stories.

Guilty....

Comment

Originally posted by BC288 View Post
              Just curious, how many of you dig a hole before you go #2 in the woods. I've been in the woods my whole life and never heard if this. Not hating, just wondering. Fun discussion had at deer camp this weekend because some do and some don't. What say you?
              In all fairness, the question needs to be rephrased for proper context.

Just curious, how many of you dig a hole before you go #2 in the woods?

To:
              How many of you drop one and leave it as is, within a radius that could be reasonably expected for kids or dogs to wander into from camp?

And furthermore...if asked to dig a hole and cover it up or use other available facilities as a courtesy...would you oblige?

I think we can all agree that its not necessary to dig a cat hole in the field. Even if the good lord commands it...

"Designate a place outside the camp where you can go to relieve yourself. As part of your equipment have something to dig with, and when you relieve yourself, dig a hole and cover up your excrement. (Deuteronomy 23:12-13.)

Furthermore, Steve Rinella had an interesting discussion on this topic on a recent podcast. EP 231 "Ep. 231: The Pied Piper of Duck Hunters".

They have a pretty good discussion about the ethics of dropping a dooker in the woods. Then refer listeners to a rather entertaining instagram page - https://www.instagram.com/the_a_s_s_movement/?hl=en

To the OP, love ya buddy!!!!
              Last edited by wlgorman; 11-08-2020, 08:34 PM.

Comment

I grab a tree and let it fly. Don't go on my trails.

Comment

Reminds me of a thread on here once where I believe a guest pooped in a blind and left it.

Comment

Nope.

Comment

I kick the grass and the top layer of dirt out to leave a little depression, grab a tree as long as I can find something not spiny as I hunt in South Texas, and then lit rip and Hope the bomb is on target. Then whatever I kicked out, is kicked back over, although sometimes it doesn’t do much because it can like sprinkling some black pepper over a pile of scrambled eggs.

And FYI, I’m sure many have already figured this out, but I just learned last week that Wipies are a miracle in the woods. I have always hated the cold feeling on the cheeks and despise them, but last week I believe they saved my life and they will always in my back pack

Comment

Originally posted by quackadikt View Post
                        I don’t dig a hole, but I’ll kick out a spot, doo-doo, and then cover it back up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        I did this about 9am this morning....

Comment

At GRXH...
                          - There is the happy tent/hammock setup medium between...not posting up in poison ivy patch, too close for late night drunk shenanigans, and not too far where you go into the land mines.
                          - Most landmines are uncovered. I dig and cover my camp landmines.

If on the line of final departure for a hunt or stepped off...drop and roll.
                          Last edited by Briar Friar; 11-08-2020, 10:00 PM. Reason: SteppedOffPoopSpake

Comment

Originally posted by climatecrisis View Post
                            I hear the homeless in San Francisco leave their trophies for the public to see too...
                            Well said.

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
                              Nope
                              Ground is to rocky or to hard, however I do carry a shovel in the truck and will cover it up afterwards
                              Big question is who pees in the yard @ home ?
                              I have a chest high brick wall just out my front door. I wave at my neighbors and water my shrubs all the time.

Comment

We were hunting NF last year, and two wardens stoped by camp and checked lic. and asked where we were going to the bath room. We said , in the woods. He asked if we were digging holes and we told him no. He was going to write us each a ticket, but said he would have to walk around and try to find where we had gone, and it was dark so he didn’t want to step in it, and let off. But told us we needed to dig a hole at least 12” deep and totally cover it back up each time we went. Was going to ticket us for camping to close to a water source also, I think you have to be 100 ‘ away, if I remember correctly. But sense it was a new law, he let off with a warning on that also. Think he may have felt sorry for us for hunting for 7 days and not getting an opportunity on an elk yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X