blower linkage for dual carbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

blower linkage for dual carbs

i pride myself with being able to build just about anything i guess i inherited my fathers hotrod skills even though i never knew him but last night was a all nighter just on carb linkage i finally got it done free of any binding and working full throttle if you ever try it save your self about 3 pots of coffee call me yess it is dual holley bruisers 650s turned sideways mind boggling

Well at least give us a picture of said Pure American Bad A&$

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Dual carbs are a booger.

I had some on an old VW, Dellorto 42mm. They used a piece of hex stock as the common piece, and an arm off of that to each carb.

Had to tune them a few times, whenever I made changes. It was a real learning experience.

I don't think I would want to fab my own linkage, especially without the aid of a mill and lathe nearby. It'd be maddening.

Comment

pic

not very good you cant see the splines in the shaft and there no instructions just a box of parts from probably 40 45 years ago a friend had it sitting on a shelf sold it to me when i got the blower
        Attached Files

Comment

not much to do left mount msd box and coil in cab drill coil transfer in firewall plug wires then ignite unless im forgetting something which i probably am

Comment

Nice work, sometimes just starting at it for awhile and you get inspiration on how no build or design something

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Tiger, That turned out awesome.

Post a video once you get it tuned and running. I love the whine of a roots blower.

Comment

do trust there was lots of staring and cussing

Comment

Looks sexy!!

Comment

Nice work sir

Comment

blower gauge

i couldn't find a spot for my blower pressure gauge so i improvised i think its pretty neat it actually threaded into the hole i drilled couldnt have gotten any luckier....
                      Attached Files

Comment

thats on zero it has 30 lbs vacuum 50 pressure i think

Comment

Lot of work, but when they are right, there's nothing better. Brings back old times.

Comment

need moar pics

Comment

i havent built a moar yet send prints

Comment

Working...
                              X