No announcement yet.

Two Hotels in Two Weeks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It’s happened to me a few times. Always deadbolt the door now.

Comment

I walked in a room once and the floor had clothes and luggage, desk clerk was indifferent. And, there were about 12 of us in separate rooms, about half had fraudulent CC charges....

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhuntamistad View Post
        Exactly what I was thinking....first thing I do is double lock the door. Don’t need guests or housekeeping walking in on me naked or something.
        Housekeeping, you need me fluff your pillow?

Comment

Originally posted by .243 WSSM View Post
          Does nobody use the secondy hasp lock above the dead bolt that is only unlocked from the inside?

Funny, my wife mentioned she always locks that as soon as she enters the room. Admittedly, I normally don’t give it much thought unless I plan to lounge around naked or sleeping in so I don’t get a surprise from housekeeping. I will definitely start locking it whenever I’m in my rooms now though. Wouldn’t do any good for protecting your belongings when you’re not physically in the room but that’s not my main concern either.

I’m shocked how many other people have already posted that have experienced the same thing. Granted I’ve never worked at a hotel but I would think their computer system wouldn’t allow this to happen. When I went back to the front desk I did have them call the occupied room to apologize and explain what had happened (when I opened the door and saw all their bags and their kid sitting at his laptop I just apologized and closed the door, probably should have then knocked and explained to them myself but I didn’t). When the clerk called the room they had to ask what the guest’s last name was as they weren’t in the system, not sure how they generated keys for them but oh well.

My initial thought last week with my wife’s encounter was a hotel worker had allowed a friend to stay in the room off the books and mistakenly booked her in that room, but guess it’s a more common mistake than I realized.

Comment

Never leave home traveling without one.Amazon ,.Master Lock 265D Door Security Bar, Pack of 1, White Price: $20.49 prime

Place it under the door knob and forget about someone coming in short of breaking the door down or breaking out the window.

Comment

Took the wife and kids to Sea world about 10 years ago and when we checked into our motel room there was a guy passed out on the bed with beer cans everywhere. We got our money back And went across town to a nicer establishment . Glad he was passed out because that could have gotten ugly.

Comment

I have had people try to open my door twice in 22 years or so. What 243 said above.....I always lock all of the locks so that stops them right away. I also have a door stop that works well. I do not use it all the time but it works. Only one time have I walked in to a room with a Family in it. They literally had not even unpacked their bags. They probably checked in a few minutes before I arrived.

Comment

For that to happen to you and your Wife in two weeks is strange though.

Comment

Spend more nights on hotels than my house. This has happened to me a few times. Always do the extra lock and chair under the door.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Two Hotels in Two Weeks

Happened to my brother in law and sister in law. Walked into their room mid day to find a guy sleeping in their bed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

happened to me once it scared the **** out of me opened door and big black guy laying in bed i ran out to front desk got a refund and kept driving 4 hours home. But i always lock everything when i get in room

Comment

Wow, never heard of such but I don't stay in many motels.

Comment

Originally posted by .243 WSSM View Post
                            Does nobody use the secondy hasp lock above the dead bolt that is only unlocked from the inside?
                            HAHAHA Glad I am not the only one thinking this.

Thank goodness they didn't though, there are some good stories in here!

Comment

geez. I've traveled a lot too over the years - life time platinum at Marriott. I've had it happened but when I go into my room I turn the deadbolt and engage the chain or door stop. Dont any of you road warriors take basic precautions!

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                                HAHAHA Glad I am not the only one thinking this.

Thank goodness they didn't though, there are some good stories in here!
                                nailed it! wondering the same thing!

Comment

Working...
                                X