Diesel exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
    They cant even legally enfprce speeding tickets with a camera. They **** sure arent investing the infrastructure to catch exhaust violations by camera.
    Lol I was thinking the same thing. Some of the information that is thrown out on here is hilarious. The diesel forms are always the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
      Dude....not sure what set you off, but being a member of the PowerStoke forum and watching Youtube videos don't make you an expert or mechanic....so STFU!

and I already know where you live
      Your drivel gets old.
      If you can’t add value, then why post?
      Stop by.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
        Your drivel gets old.

If you can’t add value, then why post?

Stop by.

Can I save this for the Rangers thread this year?[emoji12][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
          Can I save this for the Rangers thread this year?[emoji12][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
          That works both ways

Comment

Ok it seems like no one likes to hear the truth and when someone is trying to help prevent a very costly problem seems like people just want to argue.

Lets try this - go to this link: https://www.dps.texas.gov/internetfo...rms/RSD-60.pdf you will then understand what the TORVET program is and how it WILL Cost You if you get caught. Just REMEMBER if you or unlucky and get this this initial citation letter ignoring it will get very problematic.

This initial violation is sent to you the registered vehicle owner. You now have to go to a state inspection station to be re-inspected hopefully after you gain compliance. So with the new push for diesel delete inspections the owner can and will loose the ability to operate this vehicle on the road until compliance is complete as I was so informed.

To better understand this while there are 254 counties in Texas and only 17 are directly effected as of date. These are luckily centered around the Houston, Austin, DFW and El Paso areas. However, it is possible to move this to cover the entire state.

So again, I say to DELETE is not ones best option. Secondly if you are operating in any of the Emission Control Counties and you see what I described. At the On-ramp a vehicle setup with cameras and lights on both sides of the ramp you best hope your in compliance. My position is simple I ALWAYS roll through with momentum not accelerating its easy you will see them ahead of you so take due caution.

Any More Questions

Comment

I’ve driven deleted diesels for years and never had a problem with them.

Comment

You can knock me for grammar all you like however, the state rules and regulations stand for themself. And folks these are now beginning to be enforced. You can argue the issue of enforcement - legality - ignorance of the law is not a defense. Those who live outside the Emission Control Counties would not necessarily be aware of these Regulations. I have both 12 and a 24 valve engines without modifications be it programs, injectors, turbos or whatever just basically stock engines and under load every one without fail will throw smoke under acceleration just the nature of the engine.

Comment

I would delete my F250 but know a person that makes a living putting up stations at on ramps checking. Said he just sets up and it automatically takes readings and photos and sends them off. I travel a lot in Texas. Apparently if you get flagged you have to get it fixed before your vehicle will be registered or inspected. It will only get worse

Comment

I also know the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality can issue violations to anyone that removes the factory emission control systems from a motor vehicle.

It's not just the DPS in on the game.

Comment

I'm starting to like my 2006 F350 6-no, non-def/dpf more and more.

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
                        I'm starting to like my 2006 F350 6-no, non-def/dpf more and more.
                        same here, got an f-250 with 76,000 miles.

Comment

Looks like gas is checked too

Originally posted by glen View Post
                          I would delete my F250 but know a person that makes a living putting up stations at on ramps checking. Said he just sets up and it automatically takes readings and photos and sends them off. I travel a lot in Texas. Apparently if you get flagged you have to get it fixed before your vehicle will be registered or inspected. It will only get worse
                          Looking like any engine throwing a code is red flagged
                          So electronic and visual on dpf, cat , o2 ,
                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                          X