No announcement yet.

Lease Question - Honest Opinion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been on several, ramrodded a couple.....so I've been on both sides....

I honestly think that, overall, that's the worst deal I've ever heard of in all my years of hunting....

With that said, the camaraderie and experiences with friend and family (and that's a big deal IMOP) might override all the seeming negatives. Only you can weigh the situation.

Comment

All those rules would have kept me from ever getting on that lease in the first place!!!

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by BobbyJoe View Post
        I will add... I said I'd be okay with the no night hunting rule if I could bow hunt during the general season. That was met with a hard no.

I’m curious, why no bowhunting?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

We've been on a few different types of leases over the years.

Some really good, and some really bad.
          Almost every time, the difference was in the lease manager's attitude.

Deer hunting is supposed to be fun. Period.

I've been amazed how well we've done with our own ranch since we bought it.

Great deer, great times, and only two real rules.

1. Shoot it if you like it.
          2. If you fail to shoot a coyote or a pig that you see, you can leave through the gate you came in.

We shoot bows, guns and love to bring out our friends and kids who need a place to hunt.
          Last week we blasted a nice mature doe and a pig in the same evening from the same stand.
          The next night, our friend shot a mature doe with his bow....his first bow kill in a bunch of years.

Turns out you don't need a bunch of silly rules made up by a 'lease boss' who doesn't know the first thing about deer hunting to enjoy it .....

Comment

Lease rules

When they start telling you what days you can hunt,get your stuff and get out. That’s never a good thing. Day hunting probably Mon-Thurs.

Comment

Not sure why you ever decided to get on the place or why your friends / FIL talked you into it. Flat out rip off. Do you have to look at those ugly wind turbines while you hunt?

Comment

We don't allow going out in the pasture at night. And we have very few rules.
                No bow hunting...OUT
                3 days a week...OUT
                raising price...OUT
                Max 130 deer...OUT
                No Fun...WORTHLESS

Comment

I would have never gotten on for many reasons

Comment

I wouldn't be on the lease for multiple reasons.
                    I also wouldn't be okay with someone night hunting for pigs during deer season.

Gary

Comment

4K for that acreage and number of people? No
                      No night hunting for pigs during season? That kinda stinks but ok fine
                      Deer season access only? No
                      Weekends only? No
                      No now hunting? No
                      No driving to check your camera mid day? No

Our lease is 18k acres, 12 hunters, 25 blinds and feeders that stay full, 8 food plots, 2 counties (can shoot 3 bucks between the 2), house to stay in, walk in cooler, $3,000 covers all of it including someone filling feeders even though everyone helps when they can..

Rules-
                      1. the 90 year old guy hunts one stand all year so it’s off limits if he is there
                      2. Don’t be an idiot..

Comment

Heck no..The lease I'm hunting next year doesn't allow any night hunting.Landowner's rule.I'm okay with that.Year round access,and hunt anything legal.There were a few places listed this year on TBH that were right up your alley.Lots of pigs on a couple of them also.For the same money you're paying now.Good luck!

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Too many rules. Move on.

Comment

All those limitations for that price..... wouldn’t be nearly worth it to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by randal View Post
                              4K for that acreage and number of people? No
                              No night hunting for pigs during season? That kinda stinks but ok fine
                              Deer season access only? No
                              Weekends only? No
                              No now hunting? No
                              No driving to check your camera mid day? No

Our lease is 18k acres, 12 hunters, 25 blinds and feeders that stay full, 8 food plots, 2 counties (can shoot 3 bucks between the 2), house to stay in, walk in cooler, $3,000 covers all of it including someone filling feeders even though everyone helps when they can..

Rules-
                              1. the 90 year old guy hunts one stand all year so it’s off limits if he is there
                              2. Don’t be an idiot..

Now THAT'S a deal....😉

Comment

the OP's paying basically $150 per day, that stinks.

if its the time spent with friends out there then you should try to find another place together, vote with your wallets ant take your $$$ elsewhere.

Comment

Working...
                                X