No announcement yet.

What would you do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm going to keep shooting. Deer, coyote, pig, anything. I like shooting and don't get to do it often so as long as it is standing I'm shooting out to 75 yards.

Comment

Hey J.T. cut him some slack.....

1. He has shot enough Midwest Whitetails to know that deer was toast.
      2. He is one of my Iowa ASA guys.
      3. He is an "Athlete". He has competed in two Olympic games.

He competed in the 1996 Olympic Games and the 2000 Olympic Games. In the 1996 team competition he won gold with Justin Huish and Butch Johnson. In 2000 the American team (with Johnson and Vic Wunderle) won the bronze medal. He lives in Mount Pleasant, Iowa.

4. ......And last but not least he needed that footage for his "sponsors".

Comment

I’m a shoot until they are dead type person.
        Last edited by Kevin; 11-26-2019, 08:46 PM.

Comment

That deer has, or had, good balance. No need to shoot again at all. It just took a little longer than average.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowsmith View Post
            Hey J.T. cut him some slack.....

1. He has shot enough Midwest Whitetails to know that deer was toast.
            2. He is one of my Iowa ASA guys.
            3. He is an "Athlete". He has competed in two Olympic games.

He competed in the 1996 Olympic Games and the 2000 Olympic Games. In the 1996 team competition he won gold with Justin Huish and Butch Johnson. In 2000 the American team (with Johnson and Vic Wunderle) won the bronze medal. He lives in Mount Pleasant, Iowa.

4. ......And last but not least he needed that footage for his "sponsors".

Oh I noticed he was an olympic shooter. Thats why there was no excuse not to put another arrow through that deer.. And for the record.. Just because you can shoot targets doesnt mean your a good bowhunter

And just for the record.. He didnt shoot again it is what it is.. What blows my mind are some of the comments saying that it would be bad or unethical to shoot him again lol

Comment

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
              Oh I noticed he was an olympic shooter. Thats why there was no excuse not to put another arrow through that deer.. And for the record.. Just because you can shoot targets doesnt mean your a good bowhunter
              He also shoots ASA Known Pro class. He is a good bow hunter and a good dude.

Comment

Shoot

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowsmith View Post
                  He also shoots ASA Known Pro class. He is a good bow hunter and a good dude.
                  Im sure he is.. and like I said.. the fact he didnt shoot is whatever.. I have shared my opinion on it. It was some of the other comments that confused me.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                    It didn't matter what the guy did after that first shot. The deer was pouring out blood like a garden hose and was clearly gonna be dead in a a few more seconds.

I'd typically shoot another arrow, but in that particular instance I don't fault the guy for being confident enough to not shoot again. That deer was NOT going to survive long at all.
                    Yup. Seen it and agree.
                    Second arrow wasnt killing that guy any sooner.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                      Yup. Seen it and agree.
                      Second arrow wasnt killing that guy any sooner.
                      so your saying a second arrow 15 seconds after the first through both lungs wouldnt have killed it quicker than 1:30??

Comment

I would have probably shot again but don’t blame the guy for not shooting.. it sounds like he made a good shot..

Comment

Watched the video.. That's a no brainer.. Arrows are cheap.

Comment

so your saying a second arrow 15 seconds after the first through both lungs wouldnt have killed it quicker than 1:30??
                            He had a good lung.. You could easily see him breathing in the video.. The hunter was fortunate that the buck laid down instead of run..

Comment

Seen em run hundreds of yards with a double lung on pure adrenalin just because of the shot.
                              He was in shock..calm..and dying rapidly.. no need for a second shot ..he wasnt going anywhere.

Comment

This sounds like the OP already knows what they want to hear.... but I will always shoot an animal twice if the situation calls for it.

Comment

Working...
                                X