Wife Shot a Great Buck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wife Shot a Great Buck

My wife and I have an awesome six month old baby boy. Trips to the ranch this year usually involved my wife watching our son while I went out hunting. I was lucky enough to get a nice 10 with my bow a few weeks ago so the pressure was off for me. We had this really nice 8 with a funky G3 on camera right by our camp house. My wife decided this was the buck for her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

....and I say big time Congratulations!!!![emoji1662][emoji1662][emoji1662]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

We got to the ranch on Saturday and set up a pop up blind so that she could hunt the feeder that the deer was frequenting. There were a couple of boars that were there all the time keeping the deer away. I knew I needed to get rid of these pigs. Thanks to the thermal I made quick work of one of them Sunday night. Then I popped the second this morning.

My wife got into the pop up and wanted to practice shooting off the shooting sticks. It took a little time to get used to them but before long she was dialed in.

The plan was for her to get into the blind and for me to watch our son while watching the feeder through my binos from the camp house.

Comment

We hadn’t seen the buck on camera in three days but it has been so windy not much was moving. Today was the first calm day so I had a good feeling he would show.

The first buck In was a nice young 8. I was watching him from the house and texting with my wife about the deer. This buck kept looking back in the brush so I figured another buck was back there. Sure enough about 5 minutes later the target buck comes in. My wife texts asking if it was him and I confirmed.

Comment

Congrats

Comment

He fed for a few minutes and I was just waiting for the shot that never came. The buck wondered off and my wife texted that she had come down with some buck fever and she hadn’t taken the shot. I was confident he would be back so I told her to stay ready. Sure enough about 10 minutes later he comes back in and is broadside. I wait for the shot and boom, I can tell through my binos that he’s hit hard in the shoulder. Shot looks good. My wife texts me that she missed but I assure her she didn’t. Luckily the Covert got a picture of him leaving and confirmed he was hit.

Comment

Congrats
              Great buck and great job supporting her throughout the hunt

Comment

I got my son bundled up and went out for the three of us to take up the track. 20 yards from where she shot him there he was. She put her 243 right through his shoulders with a perfect shot.

I’m really proud of her and her great buck. She’s been extremely supportive as I’ve hunted so much since we got our place. It was about time she got a trophy of her own!

Comment

Great story and nice buck.

Comment

Congrats to your wife, very nice buck

Comment

Congratulations to your wife! Nice teamwork y'all got going.

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Awesome congrats!

Comment

Heck of a deer congrats!!

Comment

Nice

Comment

Working...
                              X