Best instapot recipes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best instapot recipes

Looking for simple instapot ideas with holidays coming needing some different recipes. Just found an easy pulled pork recipe turned out really good i was very impressed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ttt

Comment

Black eyed peas and beans are pretty good if in a hurry

Comment

Does great beans of any type. Also stew, soups and chili. Great for roasts and smothered pork chops. Pretty much anything you can do in a crock pot you can do in an instant pot, you just have to figure out your cook time.

Tonight I cooked a Mississippi pot roast in the instant pot and it turned out fabulous.

I started with two 3-4 lb beef roasts which are on sale at HEB this week. On the stove in a heavy skillet I poured some oil and browned the roasts all over and set them aside. Then I added in one diced up red onion and cooked it down in the remaining oil. I cooked it down a good bit and added about 1 heaping tablespoon full of diced garlic. Cooked that with the onions awhile and dumped it in the IP. To that I added about half a box of HEB brand beef broth, a 16 oz jar of Mezzetta peperocini. The whole thing, peppers, juice and all. I did pull off all the stems. To all of that I added 2 packs of Hidden Valley ranch dressing mix and 2 packs of McCormick Au Jus mix. Then put the roast back in and cut up a stick of butter and add it in. Put the lid on, close the pressure valve and crank it up for 60-65 min. Let it shut off and then let it go another 15-20 min before you release the pressure. I wanted my gravy thicker so I pulled the roast out and cranked up the heat in the IP. While it was coming up to a boil I made a batch of roux and browned it to a med brown and then whisked it into the liquid in the IP to thicken it. Super good and very easy.

Look up the borracho bean recipe on this forum. I used that recipe in the instant pot and it was great. In that thread I included the cook time I used towards the end of the thread.
        Last edited by Capt Glenn; 12-10-2019, 11:12 PM.

Comment

Pork carnitas, we follow the recipe in the insta pot recipe book. We’ve also subbed chicken

Salsa chicken. Wife puts a jar of red or tomatillo Salsa on top of chicken breasts, we shred it and brown in a skillet then serve with fresh sliced avocado

Comment

Subscribed. I got my wife one for Christmas. So I gotta wait to try it.

Comment

I'm in as well...

Comment

what is best instapot to buy?

Comment

1lb - 1 1/2lb of green beans.(fresh not canned)
                  About 4 or 5 red potatoes cut into 4's. Or if big potatoes cut more(or more potatoes if you like)
                  Link of sausage cut up(about 1/2-1" pieces)
                  4 tsp cajun season
                  3/4 tsp kosher salt
                  black pepper
                  1/2 stick of butter cut into cubes
                  3/4 cup chicken broth
                  Mix it up, everybody into the pot.

High pressure for 3 minutes then NPR for about 8-10 minutes if you like tender beans or 5 minutes for more firm. (I do 10 and its perfect for my liking.)
                  After the NPR do a quick release.

Comment

Burrito filling

3-5 lb beef roast, brown it with a little olive oil and then reconstitute a few dried chilis of your choice. blend the chili peppers with about a cup of water and two packages of taco seasoning. Pour that over the roast and then add two whole jalapenos. High pressure for 45-60 minutes then NPR for 10 minutes. Remove all liquid and the jalapenos then shred the roast. You can add some liquid back if you want the meat a little more moist. Makes some excellent burrito filling.

My dad used to make something real similar in a pressure cooker when I was growing up. I never got his recipe, and this is as close to it as I have come up with.
                    Last edited by bullhead44; 12-17-2019, 03:27 PM.

Comment

We have one. It cooks things like beans or rice and such well. I've yet to have any kind of meat come out of the instapot and be good to eat. It overcooks the crap out of meat. And it magnifies the seasoning a LOT, so things just have a weird over-seasoned and overcooked taste.

My wife always says, "I'm gonna try this recipe I saw on Pinterest. It looks good, and everyone says it really is....". I reply, "OK, but if it's any kind of meat in the instapot, it's gonna suck."

We had that conversation again a couple nights ago. She tried the Pinterest instapot meat recipe. It sucked. We trashed it and went to a restaurant. I think I finally have her convinced to stop putting any kind of meat in the dang thing.

Comment

Best instapot recipes

I have been buying the packaged corned beefs from HEB and cooking them in the IP. To cook it to shred I put in the IP and add a shiner and enough water to just cover it. 90 minutes under pressure and allow about 15 minutes after for full pressure release. It shreds very nicely like this. You could cut the time if you wanted to prepare it for slicing.

Typically we fix it to add to fried cabbage for a nice one bowl meal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                        Last edited by Roscoe; 12-17-2019, 03:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                          We have one. It cooks things like beans or rice and such well. I've yet to have any kind of meat come out of the instapot and be good to eat. It overcooks the crap out of meat. And it magnifies the seasoning a LOT, so things just have a weird over-seasoned and overcooked taste.

My wife always says, "I'm gonna try this recipe I saw on Pinterest. It looks good, and everyone says it really is....". I reply, "OK, but if it's any kind of meat in the instapot, it's gonna suck."

We had that conversation again a couple nights ago. She tried the Pinterest instapot meat recipe. It sucked. We trashed it and went to a restaurant. I think I finally have her convinced to stop putting any kind of meat in the dang thing.

Man the pull pork we did the other day was good but that’s the extent of meat we cooked with it lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ll find the one my wife uses. It’s spaghetti with Italian sausage. Y’all have to try this! The pressure infuses grease/good stuff INTO THE NOODLES!

Comment

1. Buy a nice cut of meat, any kind really.
                              Beef, pork, venison, whatever you feel like.
                              2. Season with salt and pepper, maybe a touch of garlic powder
                              3. Take the insta pot out of the box
                              4. Build a fire to burn the box
                              5. Throw away the insta pot
                              6. Cook the meat over the fire you built and enjoy

Sorry I’m not an instapot fan, just never saw the point. My wife had one for a bit, that thing seemed to suck the flavor out of stuff. Either cook it fast, or cook it slow. Don’t try to use some time saving device. They cost you a good product.

Comment

Working...
                              X