Accurate youth rifles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accurate youth rifles

Anyone have experience with a accurate factory youth rifle? My brother is looking at youth rifles but I’m trying to find something with some accuracy instead of just a cheap compact rifle. I know there’s a few company’s that offer a MOA guarantee on their youth models. (Ruger Compact, Weatherby Vanguard Youth, T/C Venture Compact) Anyone own any of these?
    Last edited by STX_Shooter; 11-05-2019, 10:27 PM. Reason: .

Any of those rifles will out shoot you so if you do your part I'm sure they will as well.

Comment

Howa 6.5 Grendel Mini maybe...

Comment

Not one of those but I purchased a remi model 7 in .243 several years back for my oldest daughter and it’s a tack driver. I swore prior to then I’d never buy a .243 but glad that I did. She has taken many animals with it and it’s been a great rifle.

Comment

I bought a mossberg ATR 100 in .243 for my son. I’ve been pleasantly surprised with the accuracy with it.

Comment

the cva single shots are awesome..

Comment

Originally posted by 999 View Post
              Howa 6.5 Grendel Mini maybe...
              x2 on this

It's what my daughter shoots and it's been really accurate.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

I want a howa mini action. 7.62x39 would be a good round to practice with and I’ve heard with right ammo they are pretty accurate. Also if you reload that round can do a lot.

have a Grendel and it can do a lot as well just more expensive.

I’ve heard the CVA single shots are accurate as well. For kids I like the idea of a single shot for some reason.

Comment

I've got a Marlin XS7 youth .243 and it is a tack driver. Wanted something cheap to leave in the truck and have been very impressed with it!

Comment

I vote single shot for youth ..Teaches 1 shot accuracy...Safer cause you got to manually reload..Easy to learn to clean and care for..
                    Brands as said most will shoot better than the average shooter.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan C View Post
                      I bought a mossberg ATR 100 in .243 for my son. I’ve been pleasantly surprised with the accuracy with it.
                      Same here. Bought one of these 10 years ago for my son and it's killed a lot of animals. Sold it to my buddy for his daughter and we shot it this weekend. Still shooting 1" groups with factory Hornady ammo.

Comment

Started my son on a Browning Micro-Midas in .22-250 and after shooting that for a couple years went to Weatherby Vanguard youth in 7-08. Both guns are within MOA and solid for inexpensive options.

Comment

My son killed a lot of deer with browning micro hunter 22-250 and is now shooting my model 7 260. Both great guns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ruger American . It shoots as good as you can shoot. I shoot a Browning ABolt and I love my sons little gun. We got it in the .243 and shoot 100gr Remington PSP bullets . I tell ya it’s a tack driver.
                            Last edited by HotRod Hunter; 11-06-2019, 08:02 AM.

Comment

This thread is great - I have been looking for a great youth rifle for my boys.

Would anyone like to sell or trade there Micro?

WS

Comment

Working...
                              X