2019/20 Duck Season - Official Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by texaslammer View Post
    The refuge gave up 15 birds to us, my 11 year old nephew got to experience the rice rocket effect for the first time , for 3 of us we didnt do bad between the poor shooting and lost birds . very few people hunting this morning , hope everyone had a good weekend .
    Love everything about this pic and yall's rig, I almost pulled the trigger on a 1638 with an OB on the hunt deck last year but it just wasn't big enough for what we needed at the time. Nice job and keep us posted on how this setup works for you this year!

Comment

Originally posted by texaslammer View Post
      The refuge gave up 15 birds to us, my 11 year old nephew got to experience the rice rocket effect for the first time , for 3 of us we didnt do bad between the poor shooting and lost birds . very few people hunting this morning , hope everyone had a good weekend .
      Nice trip especially on public land.

Comment

7 limits by 7:45am outside of El Campo on Saturday morning. We literally saw thousands of birds off in the distance. My dog got real tired real fast.

Comment

Originally posted by Mastercaster View Post
          7 limits by 7:45am outside of El Campo on Saturday morning. We literally saw thousands of birds off in the distance. My dog got real tired real fast.

Tons of teal in El Campo. We shot a 7 man by about 8 AM. The first 10 min of our hunt was spent watching thousands of birds high fly over us. It was incredible!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SoggyBottomAg View Post
            Tons of teal in El Campo. We shot a 7 man by about 8 AM. The first 10 min of our hunt was spent watching thousands of birds high fly over us. It was incredible!

Our guide estimated we saw 10k teal. We’ve hunted the same ranch for 9 or 10 years and it’s usually pretty good, but just the amount of teal in the air yesterday morning made it really special.

Comment

Our guide estimated we saw 10k teal. We’ve hunted the same ranch for 9 or 10 years and it’s usually pretty good, but just the amount of teal in the air yesterday morning made it really special.
              who'd ya hunt with?

Comment

Dang sounds awesome! Almost like we were in the same place ha![emoji848]

Comment

Just a quick little teaser

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Cool video. Good dog work. Miss watching my dog work. Retired him about 3 yrs ago.

Comment

Yes sir it certainly makes a slow hunt turn into an awesome one

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by agtex42 View Post
                        Love everything about this pic and yall's rig, I almost pulled the trigger on a 1638 with an OB on the hunt deck last year but it just wasn't big enough for what we needed at the time. Nice job and keep us posted on how this setup works for you this year!
                        Thanks, my little rig is a little smaller then my past boats and the motor being a 4 stroke does not have the umpth im used to on older 2 stroke motors but overall I am super happy with it and very stable rig. 3 of hunted out of the boat yesterday and not once was it rocky or unstable. I would recommend this set up to someone and for sure have the hunt deck!

Comment

Originally posted by droebuck View Post
                          Nice trip especially on public land.

Thank you, Good luck this year

Comment

Originally posted by Medina19 View Post
                            Nothing better than a good retriever.

Comment

Hoping the prarie doesn’t get to much rain and spread the birds out.

Comment

Originally posted by Gclyde12 View Post
                                Hoping the prarie doesn’t get to much rain and spread the birds out.
                                Yeah, I’m concerned about that myself with no front this week and all this rain it might spread what birds we have out. Trying to decide if I want to chance it or go west for doves and skip teal this year. This Saturday was going to be my only chance to hunt during teal season anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                X