Rwc’s 2019/2020 Season Recap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rwc’s 2019/2020 Season Recap

Well; God showed his greatness once again. My family had another blessed season with some over the top and unforgettable memories being made.

I say this each year, but again can’t speak enough good regarding the great people I have the opportunity to share deer camps and camp fires with. Blessed is an understatement, but it is all I can come up with now.

Breck, as most of you that follow along know, had little to zero time to spend hunting once school started. Between him making varsity as a freshman in Football (District New Comer of the Year) and Basketball did not leave him much spare time. But I am good with that; he will only be young once, and want receive any mulligans to live it over. He and I did well during early Dove season though.

Ashton on the other hand………. She started the year off with a huge bang by killing a 22” wide Pope and Young 10 point off my Christoval lease grounds with crossbow, then followed that up by killing 3 more does. She then connected on an old 9 point we had named the “bully buck”, again with crossbow. Only reason she is not in a LDP with her 10 point was because she hit it a tad back and was not found until the following day after she had left. I held her off killing a buck on our Bosque River grounds in hopes of Breck being able to sneak up…… I probably had a Christmas present or two returned because of it…….Sorry Ashton.

I hunted mostly McLennan, Bosque and Tom Green Counties this past season. I started my year off by killing a solid mature Pope and Young 11 point off my Bosque River grounds. Had years of trail cam photos of him and knew him well. I also received an invited back to Mexico and returned home much, much happier than I did in 2018 ha ha …….thanks a million Bo and can’t wait until next season. Late season I was again struck with the luck bolt and ended up killing a 6 year old 8 point off my Christoval lease grounds. Four solid P&Y bucks and two cull’s for Ashton and I in one season, well just lucky and blessed I guess.

Mix in a few does to round it out and it was a wrap.

The wife and I continue to follow Breck as he keeps busy………”The Good Busy - Sports”.

Below are a few of the kill photos with some of the photos already being posted to various threads. I have boiled out all 6 bucks (photos below) and are close to mounting them on double pedestals, and should have all done once the temperatures warm up a tad.

Hope each had a great hunting season and receives rains during the spring. Now it’s on to the lake to put fillets in the freezer.

Thanks for following and God Bless.
    Rwc
    Attached Files

Great year for your team Richard. I know you have a rough crew to work with at the lease.

I'm looking forward to following Breck in the coming seasons outside of hunting.

Hogboy

Comment

Awesome pictures and memories Richard! Congrats to you and your kids!

Comment

Bien hecho amigo. I bet your freezer is about to bust at the seams!

Comment

Well done Richard!

Comment

Another great season- and recap! Congrats, buddy.

Comment

Nice season! Congrats. Looks like a lot of fun!

Comment

congrats on a great season Richard

Comment

Dang might outta leave a few for the rest of us. Congratulations on a great season.

Comment

Well at least someone was getting it done while I was watching deer! Congrats again on a great season Richard. You put the work in.

Comment

Well Done!!!!!!

Big congrats on one heck of a season for y’all. Love seeing families hunt together!!!

Comment

Congrats to Team Chambers on a heck of a season. Always look forward to the recap.

Comment

Great job. That gal is a killer!

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                            Great job. That gal is a killer!
                            Mr. Steve........you have no ideal.....ha ha ha.

I appreciate everyone's kind comments. It was a great season for sure.

Hope all the very best during the "getting ready for next season" period....

Rwc

Comment

Looks like an awesome season with memories made. Congratulations

Comment

Working...
                              X