Buying Hunting Land

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buying Hunting Land

My wife and I have been discussing the idea of purchasing some land to use exclusively for hunting.

I’m wondering if anyone here has preferred websites or places to go and look at what’s available?

I’ve found a few good sites, just wanting to make sure I’m not missing something.

I would look towards a land agent. That is what I did. However, the land agent I went through is longer with us, GOD rest his soul, otherwise I'd recommend him.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Lands of Texas is about the best I've seen and once you've found a few you like then call Chance Love.

Comment

I went through lands of Texas and looked at land through the advertising agent on several plots, I finally made an offer on a place which was accepted on first attempt. Take your time and do your homework and don't believe the numbers you see on what other tracts have sold for as they are usually less. The representing agents hate to see you bring your own as it can cut their commission in half so make them your best offer, if they decline it you can bring in your agent at that point. I would try to stay out of the anthrax triangle if i had to do it over again.

Comment

I would narrow down the area you are interested in and find a local agent to talk to.

Comment

Originally posted by unclefish View Post
            Lands of Texas is about the best I've seen and once you've found a few you like then call Chance Love.
            same here on Lands of Texas, it updates constantly and if you set up your filters right and check it EVERY DAY, you'll usually know whats new before most others, including agents. This is how I found mine, in the area I wanted too, then I let my agent know I wanted to look at it. Went and looked the day after it was posted, made an offer the next day and it was accepted. This was last year and tracts were disappearing after only a few days so had to be on my toes. Regardless of what others tell you about agents, they're working with many other people too and may miss something that you would want, is why I'm saying to do your own as well and research, research, research.
            Good luck !!! It can be done.
            Last edited by tdwinklr; 12-09-2019, 12:22 PM. Reason: sp

Comment

Hunting Properties, Farm Land, Cattle Ranches for Sale in Texas and Oklahoma

Talk to Andrew Pennington, he is a good guy and know everyone buying or selling land.

Comment

Here's another place to look.

Comment

Get enough for both of us.....

Comment

Nail down the area you are interested in and use a local agent to the area. I can look at every land listing in Young Cnty and tell you just by the list price whether it is a local agent listing it or an out of area DFW agent listing it.

Comment

Sounds like Chance Love is a great person to deal with also when it comes to ranch searching

Comment

This is a little tougher way, but you may be able to get a better price on a nice piece of land.

We just purchased some land out near Paris, TX and heres what i did.

We looked for an area we liked and then started calling owners and sending letters(you can find the land owners on they City CAD or OnX app). We got a hell of a deal on some great land from someone who had not used the land in 20+ years. You may have to dig for a number or address but i promise you can make it worth your time if you find someone who hasnt used the land for 10+ years and doesnt mind letting it go for a good negotiated price.

Comment

I also found mine on landsoftexas.com. really solid tool for this. I got pretty lucky with mine. I keep an eye on it just to see if neighbors are selling and frankly I haven't found a similar one since.

Land goes a lot faster than you think unless it's way over priced, but keep a close eye on it and be ready to buy if you find something.

Comment

Originally posted by unclefish View Post
                            Originally posted by 150class View Post
                            Sounds like Chance Love is a great person to deal with also when it comes to ranch searching
                            Ya I’d start with giving this Chance Love a holler...

Comment

www.Findaranch.com - Tyler Wright - Menard County and surround area - Might call and have a chat with him.

Comment

Working...
                              X