Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody owned a Pitt Boss and a Traeger?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody owned a Pitt Boss and a Traeger?

If you’ve owned both, school me. Are they close to the same? Thanks.

I own a Pitt boss and have cooked on a Traeger. My decision was purely financial. If I had the coin I would go Traeger. More options and better electronics and temp control.

Comment

grill

Originally posted by Lynn21 View Post
      If you’ve owned both, school me. Are they close to the same? Thanks.
      Go Rectec and be done!!!!!!!

Comment

I own both. More bells and whistles with treager, Pitt Boss has a sear station which I use a lot.

Comment

smoker

Originally posted by DEADEYE1 View Post
          Go Rectec and be done!!!!!!!
          Agreed, I love my RT700!

Comment

Hate to be "that guy" but like the other two gentlemen stated the Rectec is the way to go for a pellet grill. My 700 Bull is one of the best investments I have ever made.......seriously.

Comment

What’s the ballpark cost of a regular size or standard size rectec?

Comment

Originally posted by Lynn21 View Post
                What’s the ballpark cost of a regular size or standard size rectec?
                Just looked at their website. At top it says FINANCING AVAILABLE. If it says that than they are way higher than a PITBOSS. I have a PITBOSS going on 2 years now and can not complain one bit about it. It's the best $499 I have ever spent.

Comment

I have a pitboss and love it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a traeger Pro 34 and I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Comment

I’ve got a traejer and it can cook the heck out of some ribs.

Comment

i have the pitboss austin xl. Have cooked on traeger. traeger doesnt get as hot as the pitboss. plus pitboss has the sear option on it which i use alot. have buddies that have come over when i cook on the pitboss that have traegers and say they like the pitboss better. to each their own. for the money, pitboss hands down

Comment

I owned a Traeger(It was good until it wasn't), then I bought a Louisiana pellet grill (JUNK). I bought a RecTec (Bull with Competition cart and smoke box) and it is by far the best of the three. Sorry I don't have any experience with the Pit Boss. My dad has the Cabela's brand and he says he likes it. I think he has only used it a few times.

Comment

I’ve got a Traeger timberline 1300 and a Yoder ys1500. The traeger is about to find a new home, you would probably get just as much smoke out of the oven as you do with it. The Yoder on the other hand is awesome. Just my .02

Comment

For those saying RecTec and especially Yoder that’s like someone asking for info on a Ford Fiesta and saying “my Bentley drives much smoother” it’s not even in the same conversation.

To the OP, the pit boss is a great grill for the price, imo it’s comparable to the traeger but it has a lower price because they don’t spend the dollars that traeger does on marketing. Neither are going to last you a lifetime but they are good

Comment

Working...
                              X