selling car with hail damage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

selling car with hail damage

I decided this past weekend to sell my car. It is a 2009 BMW in very good shape. I washed it up and made it look great just to get it hailed on Sunday. The hail damage isn't that bad. If you just glance at it you see 2-3 dents per top panel. If you look closer you see several small dents. The blue book value is only about $6000 for it now. I see the same car for sale all over for $5000-8000. So my question is, should I sell it for about $6000 and not worry about the dents or should I claim the insurance and pocket the cash and drop the price the amount I get from insurance? I am the second owner with a clean carfax. I assume if I claim it, it will go on the carfax.

I wouldn’t want my insurance premium raised. Sell as is.

Comment

I doubt anyone is going to pay blue book for something with hail damage, but I could be wrong.

Depends on your deductible. There is no monetary difference in selling it now for $5000 (discounted for hail) vs selling it for $6000 but paying a $1000 deductible to get it fixed.

Comment

PDR
        Paintless dent repair
        Get it fixed............................

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
          PDR
          Paintless dent repair
          Get it fixed............................
          Got to agree I had over 100 dents from hail and it was quoted $1500..Looks like new

Comment

Just sell it
            There are Tons of goobers out there that will pay for a bmw with hail damage in that price range. It’s cool to say you drive a beemer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
            X