Game cam taking pics of nothing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Game cam taking pics of nothing

So, I have 2 WGI 10mp cams that take pics of absolutely nothing. I noticed my Browning cam does the same thing. Does the heat cause game cams to take pics even when no movement is detected? All the cams are set inside boxes to protect them from the elements.

Wgi....

Comment

Wind???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It detects movement, and its sensitive. Try and eliminate low limbs around the camera.

My Brownings and coverts do it frequently.

Comment

Originally posted by joel45acp View Post
          So, I have 2 WGI 10mp cams that take pics of absolutely nothing. I noticed my Browning cam does the same thing. Does the heat cause game cams to take pics even when no movement is detected? All the cams are set inside boxes to protect them from the elements.
          sometimes you can adjust the sensitivity

Comment

I have found that even the movement of weeds can trigger some cameras.

Comment

Limbs weeds tree movin cause wind is blowin and it moves it. All will cause it to takes pics of nothin

Comment

Skeeters

Comment

Sometimes it does not take much of a breeze

I am no WGI fanboy but I have several as well as Brownings and Moultries. They all have taken "wind pictures"

I have a Cabelas/BOLY and it is set to take a pic and then a 10sec video. Obvious when you watch the video how much movement is in the background.

Comment

yes I had that problem then trimmed all the bush, grass and tree limbs then set the sensitivity to med/low and that cut pics down by 75%

Comment

I have this problem with almost every camera I buy. They work great for almost a year, then they just go crazy and take pictures constantly until the card is full.

One of mine started it on Wednesday of this past week. It was perfect up until that point, now it is junk.

Comment

Deleted

Comment

It has to do with the heat. All of my cameras do this when their temp reads over 100 degrees. My WGI, stealthcam, Boly, and Spartan all do this. Nothing to fret over; now that the weather is better.

Comment

Some cameras since heat, I have one that I set the sensitivity to high and get pictures of nothing and it is because of the heat. It is supposed to since body heat but I think it is the hot weather, it is sensing the heat reflected off my feeder. I'm not sure the browning's have a temp setting on them.

Comment

wind moving branches around.

Comment

Working...
                              X