Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is why I don't have neighbors

Comment

This is why I dont live in a neighborhood. We do what we want on our own property.

Comment

I dont mind 95% of HOA rules for this exact reason.

We lived next to an older man for a little while. He had 2 cars in his front driveway that never moved, and another in the back yard that sat for the 6 years we lived there. All they did was rust more, and tires were never inflated. It was crappy as heck. Thing was crawling with mice and junk. He was a very nice man. On the weekend he would run his clothesline from the window frame of the car door to the tree in the front yard. His right, but I didnt necessarily like that being around the neighborhood. It absolutely affected a sale of the house across the street, lol. They came by twice during the week. The Man looking at the house asked me if the cars had always been there. Then they came by for an inspection on a Saturday and saw the clothesline. Never saw em again. haha.

Comment

I was going to mow, edge, rake, haul grass clippings, pick up trash, wash the truck, and some other stuff, but then I remembered I'd rather go fishing.

Comment

I put my trash cans out about 5 years ago and havn't brought them in since. I don't care what someone else thinks.

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
              I dont mind 95% of HOA rules for this exact reason.

We lived next to an older man for a little while. He had 2 cars in his front driveway that never moved, and another in the back yard that sat for the 6 years we lived there. All they did was rust more, and tires were never inflated. It was crappy as heck. Thing was crawling with mice and junk. He was a very nice man. On the weekend he would run his clothesline from the window frame of the car door to the tree in the front yard. His right, but I didnt necessarily like that being around the neighborhood. It absolutely affected a sale of the house across the street, lol. They came by twice during the week. The Man looking at the house asked me if the cars had always been there. Then they came by for an inspection on a Saturday and saw the clothesline. Never saw em again. haha.
              I dont mind our HOA at all, the lots in the subdivison I live in are 7 wooded acres each. Pretty much everyone keeps their places nice, most of us have the same mindset. I take pride in my home and keep it nice, its paid for and we had it built in 2000. We own a small 150 acre farm in Stockdale, and keep it nice too. Reckon growing up real poor and getting to own a little something later in life can change a feller's attitude.

I guess my opinion is that my property taxes are high and based on the home value, so why should my neighbor trash the neighborhood and hurt my home value but I still have to pay premium property tax.

Comment

I saw lots of neighborhoods with too much pride last month!

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                  I dont mind our HOA at all, the lots in the subdivison I live in are 7 wooded acres each. Pretty much everyone keeps their places nice, most of us have the same mindset. I take pride in my home and keep it nice, its paid for and we had it built in 2000. We own a small 150 acre farm in Stockdale, and keep it nice too. Reckon growing up real poor and getting to own a little something later in life can change a feller's attitude.

I guess my opinion is that my property taxes are high and based on the home value, so why should my neighbor trash the neighborhood and hurt my home value but I still have to pay premium property tax.
                  Nice English dog in your avatar

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                    I put mine out on trash day because the metal guys and repairmen/flippers come through and pick them up. Saves me a $25 trip to the dump plus gives them some income. I also mow my yard and bring in my trash receptacles when empty...

Sorry if that offends...
                    you over-achiever!

Comment

Originally posted by DRettele View Post
                      you over-achiever!

OCD is a *****...

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                        I put mine out on trash day because the metal guys and repairmen/flippers come through and pick them up. Saves me a $25 trip to the dump plus gives them some income. I also mow my yard and bring in my trash receptacles when empty...

Sorry if that offends...
                        I put my junk out on Sunday evenings. Pedro the junk man comes by on Monday mornings. When I get home from work, the stuff is usually gone. I also mow, but my trash cans stay out. They are in the alley and leaving them out keeps the summer stink away from the house.

Comment

We live out in the country and keep our stuff fairly neat and organized.
                          The alternative is a not happy wifey. Think of Hot Crazy Matrix on Steroids.

Before we moved into our current house we lived in a neighborhood where everyone had 1 acre lots. We had a neighbor that didn't care what his place looked like. We fixed that eye sore by planting a "fence" of Oleanders, Crepe Myrtles, and other things. Problem fixed - no more eye sore.

Comment

Don't live in a subdivision 4' from someone else. Problem solved. This is like the city guys complaining about traffic. Join us out in the country, no reason to live on top of each other in Texas, we have plenty of room.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                              Because they're delicious?
                              I agree. The best of both worlds.

Comment

i love me a good beerita.

the HOA comment is spot on, people hate them until their neighbor dont mow their yard.

Comment

Working...
                                X