New Blind Suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Blind Suggestions

Looking to replace a stand and having trouble deciding what to do. In the past I have built blinds and purchased DeerView or similar windows and doors but with the increased cost of goods it would cost near $700 for the windows and door alone. This has led me to explore other options and am looking for opinions. I need it soon so location is important (Riviera TX) I have looked at TBox at McCoys and like them but am looking for other budget friendly suggestions. I would like the blind to be big enough for 2 people (6x4) or bigger, budget friendly, and built well. Any suggestions or anyone have anything for sale?

Whats the budget?

Comment

I priced material to build a 6x6 bow blind. 4 windows will cost as much as steel (113 bucks). I have a 4'x4' base rest will be steel 1x1 tube and 1x1 angle

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
        I priced material to build a 6x6 bow blind. 4 windows will cost as much as steel (113 bucks). I have a 4'x4' base rest will be steel 1x1 tube and 1x1 angle
        4'X4'? You been readin the throwback thread?

Two words...cantilever!

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
          4'X4'? You been readin the throwback thread?

Two words...cantilever!
          Thats why it was free. But its gonna be 6x6 when Im done

Comment

Originally posted by DuramaxDude View Post
            Whats the budget?
            I’d like to stay under $2k

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
              What type of windows? I’m seeing deer view type between 60-75

Comment

Originally posted by skinsfan View Post
                What type of windows? I’m seeing deer view type between 60-75
                I get mine from ultramatic since I live 15 mins from there. But I did price deer view since Im in no real hurry. Cheaper per window but not sure on shipping. But, I'll be doing the smallest they make. The last two builds Ive put 10x16s and have most of those covered with mesh.

12x10s are 22 deerview
                10x16s are 30 ultra

Comment

I have no experience with the quality of these but I might give them a try when I build a permanent 8x8 on a family place next year.

https://www.academy.com/p/game-winne...n-blind-window

https://www.academy.com/p/game-winne...n-blind-window

Comment

THOSE LOOK JUST LIKE THE "ORIGINAL DEER WINDOW CO" WINDOWS

Comment

Last 4 I've bought have been Krivomans!

Comment

I would spend the money on a Krivoman. You can move one by yourself and they will last a lifetime.

Comment

I called Freer deer camp today and they have a Krivoman in stock, how do you guys usually
                          Do the floors for them? If you buy a stand does it come with a floor?

Comment

I second Krivoman blind. Great quality blind and great guy.

Comment

Call Brezina's in Taft, he may have something and it's not that far from you.
                              Last edited by porkrind; 11-16-2022, 07:02 PM. Reason: added something

Comment

Working...
                              X