Cold weather boots???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cold weather boots???

What is everyone using for the colder temps? Preferably a good rubber boot, I felt like my toes were gonna break off this morning. I usually use some feet warmers but was wondering how many grams of thinsulate is recommended and who makes good cold weather rubber boot. I hunt majority treestands so it gets really cold up there.

Get a set of those arctic shield boot covers and put them on when you get to your stand

Comment

I like my mucks or if your hunting out of a box take your boots off and pull on a pair of thick wool socks.

Comment

Wear cotton socks into your stand to absorb the sweat and change into good wool sock when you arrive or get settled.

Comment

I prefer Danner Pronghorns, wool socks, and thin liners

Comment

Originally posted by Javelin View Post
            Get a set of those arctic shield boot covers and put them on when you get to your stand
            This. And wool socks, not cotton.

Comment

Google cold weather boot covers, buy some for 50-60 then toss in a hothands

Comment

this

Comment

Used to have cold feet even with 800gr-1000gr Thinsulate. Realized my socks were the biggest issue. I now use regular leather boots, with no insulation. Based upon how cold the temps will be I will use a thin breathable wicking liner, with a heavier wool sock. The colder the temps, the heavier the wool thickness. I learned that keeping my feet dry was the key to keeping my feet warm. For full disclosure, in really cold long sits I am not opposed to breaking out my Mr. Buddy portable heater to cut the chill, not only for my feet, but hands and body. I realize this only works in a pop-up or box blind.

Comment

Electric, battery powered socks if your feet are cold. My hunting partner has cold feet and uses them.

Never wear cotton socks, they absorb perspiration and loose any insulating properties.

I wear Smart Wool socks year round and live and hunt in Montana wearing 400 grain Thinsulate Kennetreck boots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Most of the time, I'll wear my non-insulated boots with synthetic socks ... never cotton or cotton-blend and my feet never get cold. Last year, I got some Muck boots for when the ground is wet/muddy or when our creek is running. Have worn them a few times but if you walk a ways in them, your feet are going to sweat. Like others have said, guess I'll take another pair of socks with me and swap them out at after the trip to the stand.
                      Sweat is not your friend.

Comment

Every year this topic is posted. Every year I post the same solution. In Texas cold, less is more. I wear uninsulated Danner boots and high quality wool socks. Your feet are getting cold because your feet sweat on your walk in. The sweat then cools as your body temp drops while sitting still.

I hunt near zero degree temps in the panhandle and rarely experience cold feet

Comment

I use Kamik (sp) rubber boots from Sportsman Guide for less than 50 dollars. I only use them when it is freezing otherwise they are too hot. Worked good in Colorado in the snow. Agree in Texas uninsulated boots with good wool socks is the best medicine for cold feet.

Comment

I’m living and hunting in Montana. I wear smart wool socks year round and 400 grain Thinsulate Kennetrek boots. If it gets below 20 I will put a hand warmer inside the boots.

“Cotton kills” is a true expression. If socks or underwear get moist from perspiration they loose any insulating value and wick body heat away.

One of my hunting partners suffered from cold feet and likes his electric socks.

I have Kuiu hunting pants with side zippers that if opened allow heat to exit while active, and close zipper when you want to conserve heat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I am with this crowd.

Comment

Working...
                              X