No announcement yet.

Can I eat this thing raw?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bet if you cut that up in thin strips with the grain of the flesh and baited a trot line with it in Livingston or Cornrow, you could catch you some real fish that'd be fit to eat!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
      Jeff I know things are tough but if you’ve had your gas turned off I will gladly cook it for ya my friend. Only bears eat raw fish.
      This.
      One of my brothers loves it raw.
      I was starving one day and tried it, it still wasn’t good as hungry as I was.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
        I bet if you cut that up in thin strips with the grain of the flesh and baited a trot line with it in Livingston or Cornrow, you could catch you some real fish that'd be fit to eat!!
        X2.....That's what I would do with it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
          Absolutely this all day long. Great for breakfast.
          Amen, my favorite!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Leemo View Post
            Only way to eat it is raw..... I eat a lot of fish raw!

Comment

Yep eat it raw. But I took some kids fishing yesterday and got a quart of shrimp. There were 2 in there that I wouldn’t put on a hook as the were probably 10-12 size. Peeled and ate out of livewell

Comment

Toasted Bagel, cream cheese, few capers, fresh raw or smoked salmon, sliver of onion.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
                  Jeff I know things are tough but if you’ve had your gas turned off I will gladly cook it for ya my friend. Only bears eat raw fish.

Haha Terry thanks for the offer but we will be all right. Time this family learned some hardship with the big recession on its way lol. On another note I de thawed my pocketed flounder and just finished making your fish cake recipe but using lump crab. Im low on sauce ingredients so its gonna be a tarragon lemon butter and capers over the top. Looking forward to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Can I eat this thing raw?

Raw it is minus the tail end for mama. That will get grilled. My wife told her friend it was gonna go down that way. I guess she told her son who caught it. I was quickly informed I couldn’t eat it raw as there are worms. I told em to sit back and relax. Ill chase it with an old fashioned Ivermectin cocktail [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Took me a while to get to this. I have a new friend, a pretty jewish girl that makes her own bagels. We made a trade. I get fresh bagels from her and she gets lox from me. The neck and tail pieces I ate raw sans skin which I fried. Only thing different I would do on the sushi/sashimi would be to go with a wasabi/soy dip instead of my failed attempt of a ponzu. It was still excellent. Also the salmon went in the deep freeze for a while so parasites should be dead. If not I could stand to lose a few pounds around the mid section lol.
                      Attached Files

Comment

For the lox. Sugar/kosher, white pepper, dill, and thin lemon slices. Will cure for a few days in the fridge.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post

Comment

Let us know if you start craving dry flies…….especially Wooly Boogers !

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                              Let us know if you start craving dry flies…….especially Wooly Boogers !
                              No flies, but you got any of those Mepps spinners?

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X