• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sambo73 View Post
    I got baby feet….9 is what I wear

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sorry, these are 11 or 12.

Comment

I have a set of bibs and coat from Sitka that keeps me toasty in single digits setting on a ladder or clamp on. I will wear a couple layers and add a vest when below 25. I use those heat packs that stick on the bottom of your socks and 400 grain thinsulate boots. I use one of the hand warmers in the built in hand muff and use cotton gloves with the fingers cut out.

Comment

Originally posted by hopedale View Post
        To add to this remember you want the layers to be loose fiting. If anything is tight, it constricts the blood flow.

Which is also something to consider with what ever boots you get. You need them to be a minum of a half size bigger, so you can wear scock liner and a thick wool blend sock.

Cotton has zero insulation value once its wet.
        Yep baggy fleece over some under armor thermal underwear, alpaca socks, sorrel boots, LL bean wool jacket , work gloves
        I spent all day Friday & Saturday 28-40 in a folding chair & brush blind but I did have a polar tec beanie
        Most expensive thing was the LL bean wool jacket
        If burndal’s felt boots are to big , I wouldn’t hesitate to use them for sitting with some bamboo under socks & some merino / alpaca wool
        That’s probably good to negative 25

P.S what size you wear as I might have some extra stuff I outgrew
        Like bushlan fleece pants
        Fleece pullover
        Bib coveralls
        Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 11-20-2022, 05:38 PM.

Comment

Thermacell heated insoles

Comment

Building the box blind will be cheaper than buying new high dollar camo and boots. Go that route would be my suggestion. Then you can use what you already own, and a couple of blankets or comforters from the beds to wrap up in.

Comment

Cheapest is probably to bring a sleeping bag with you kick your boots off and slip inside put zipper in front it works really good

Comment

Keep an eye on midway.

I bought a set of their bibs/coveralls a few years ago for around $80 shipped. Their $300 line. Also bought a jacket about the same time same price on sale. Waterproof, wind proof, and well insulated.

Comment

Insulated Sorels is what I wear as well. Spent the weekend hunting in low twenties up here in northeast Oklahoma and my feet never got cold.

Comment

Originally posted by howzitbra View Post
                    Insulated Sorels is what I wear as well. Spent the weekend hunting in low twenties up here in northeast Oklahoma and my feet never got cold.

I’m going on 10years now with my Sorels and they’re still going strong.

Comment

Originally posted by BO-N-ARO View Post
                      I have a set of bibs and coat from Sitka that keeps me toasty in single digits setting on a ladder or clamp on. I will wear a couple layers and add a vest when below 25. I use those heat packs that stick on the bottom of your socks and 400 grain thinsulate boots. I use one of the hand warmers in the built in hand muff and use cotton gloves with the fingers cut out.
                      he said budget friendly...

Comment

Originally posted by black dallas View Post
                        he said budget friendly...
                        Yes, $500-700 is a lot of cash for some pants! $1000 for a jacket & pants combo
                        I can deal search on eBay and classified, sorrel boots used $50-75 , a nice jackets for $100 , woolen pants or fleece $75
                        I bought fancy stuff when I was younger and out grew them and would gladly sell or gift to some one who would need them

A trip of a lifetime hunt to winter Central Asia for sheep or a stone sheep maybe it’s worth the price, but deer or elk hunting no chance
                        Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 11-20-2022, 09:25 PM.

Comment

Thanks for your replies. I’ve got the kids some pretty nice bibs and jackets. Now time to get me some.

Comment

I just saw that veilcamo.com is running a 50% off sale.

I don't own any of their products. But they look legit.

Comment

Bass pro has a brand that I bought. They are very warm and water proof. They are a tad bulky but it's a fair compromise for the price.

I wear some of the tsc brand rubber boots with neoprene tops and really like them. They are obviously water proof and fairly warm with good socks. I wear them all day long in oilfield with no issues.

The other option is a good pair of work boots or snake boots. Keep them oiled and use good socks.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jordan View Post
                                King's Camo
                                Agreed.

I have just about every layer they have in mountain shadow and it's served me well!

I tore up some pants in Montana, they replaced them after I sent some pictures in. Great customer service.

Comment

Working...
                                X