No announcement yet.

2022 Kansas Live

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just wish i could have had about 4 or 5 more days. It's about ti bust wide open here. Rubs and scrapes showing up every where

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Comment

Awww yeah. Congrats on a heck of a buck.

Sent from my SM-F721U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by LivinADream View Post
        Awww yeah. Congrats on a heck of a buck.

Waiting on you now... Bring It Son... You should be hitting just right. I daw 3 bucks this roaming and looking

Comment

This is Crazy. I live about 40 miles from Victoria, Texas, sitting in Franklin County Kansas with the Ruth kicking in high gear, and I am sitting on a house, showered, looking at this awesome hunting weather. I'm tagged out and don't know what to do.... Never been in this situation before...

Comment

Originally posted by Bowanta View Post
            This is Crazy. I live about 40 miles from Victoria, Texas, sitting in Franklin County Kansas with the Ruth kicking in high gear, and I am sitting on a house, showered, looking at this awesome hunting weather. I'm tagged out and don't know what to do.... Never been in this situation before...

Have a drink and relax...

Congratulations on the deer. You earned it.

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Let's see if I can recap this one.
                  On stand at 550 am. Cold with clouds and a slight SW breeze. Temp was 25 with a wind chill of 19.
                  Daylight broke and the woods were quite. About 730 a lone doe eased in from my south heading north. Nothing following which was weird. About 815 to the east of me across the property boundary was monster 8. He had everything you want, tall, heavy, wide, and old. He was moving towards me and stopped. Checked the wind, looked left then right. Nose to the ground He turns right, north, on the same trail as the lone doe. My heart sank. I know I had a tag in my pocket that would look great on him. That didnt happen.
                  I sit back,gather my thoughts and keep scanning the woods. About 850 what looks to be an 8 is working south. He gets to the property boundry, stops and turns right. I watch as he heads east. Then I see him turn, SOUTH. He crosses the fence and is easing through the timber. I scan ahead and see one small opening. He gets to it, ibleat, he stops and I cut the shot. 34 yds and it smashes him. I watch him launch South really fast. Check the time and it was 855. I then mark the spot and start the wait.
                  930 rolls around and I start easing to the impact spot. NOTHING. No hair, blood, arrow, nothing. I do see his trail and kicked up leaves and mud. I move to the side of the trail and ease along. 50 yards down the trail I see him. The only blood I found was within 10 yds of him.
                  I walk up and cannot believe the size of his body, HUGE. His rack doesn't mat h his body size.
                  17.5 inches wide, crab claw on his right beam, and a kicker off his left base. All in 10 scoreable points.
                  236 lbs on the hoof, 180 dressed.
                  I am relieved to be tagged out for the first time in 6 years in Kansas

Thanks for following along on this 2022 Kansas Live Hunt. For those that haven't experienced it, you really need to. This places is amazing

Heck yeah! Congratulations on a great deer and tagging out both tags...

I did the same thing last week, tagged out on both tags!

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Comment

Awesome

Have a safe trip home

Comment

Congratulations!!!
                      Way to stick with it!

Comment

Heck man, get back out there and scout for next year!

Very nice buck!

Comment

Originally posted by Chance Love View Post
                          Heck man, get back out there and scout for next year!

Very nice buck!
                          This. Who cares if you blow everything out of the county. Go find their beds, their trails, learn your property and what they're doing right now, cause next year at this time they'll be doing the same thing. I always thought if we all tagged out early I'd walk every inch of our stuff up here.

Comment

Let's see if I can recap this one.
                            On stand at 550 am. Cold with clouds and a slight SW breeze. Temp was 25 with a wind chill of 19.
                            Daylight broke and the woods were quite. About 730 a lone doe eased in from my south heading north. Nothing following which was weird. About 815 to the east of me across the property boundary was monster 8. He had everything you want, tall, heavy, wide, and old. He was moving towards me and stopped. Checked the wind, looked left then right. Nose to the ground He turns right, north, on the same trail as the lone doe. My heart sank. I know I had a tag in my pocket that would look great on him. That didnt happen.
                            I sit back,gather my thoughts and keep scanning the woods. About 850 what looks to be an 8 is working south. He gets to the property boundry, stops and turns right. I watch as he heads east. Then I see him turn, SOUTH. He crosses the fence and is easing through the timber. I scan ahead and see one small opening. He gets to it, ibleat, he stops and I cut the shot. 34 yds and it smashes him. I watch him launch South really fast. Check the time and it was 855. I then mark the spot and start the wait.
                            930 rolls around and I start easing to the impact spot. NOTHING. No hair, blood, arrow, nothing. I do see his trail and kicked up leaves and mud. I move to the side of the trail and ease along. 50 yards down the trail I see him. The only blood I found was within 10 yds of him.
                            I walk up and cannot believe the size of his body, HUGE. His rack doesn't mat h his body size.
                            17.5 inches wide, crab claw on his right beam, and a kicker off his left base. All in 10 scoreable points.
                            236 lbs on the hoof, 180 dressed.
                            I am relieved to be tagged out for the first time in 6 years in Kansas

Thanks for following along on this 2022 Kansas Live Hunt. For those that haven't experienced it, you really need to. This places is amazing

Congratulations!! That buck has a beautiful coat.

Comment

Nice congrats!

Comment

Not even going to lie, it was GREAT to sleep in my own bed last night. Left Ottawa, KS at 3:50 am and pulled into Yoakum, TX at 3:00 pm. Got home,uploaded everything. Took a LONG hot shower and enjoyed a relaxing evening with my wife.

For a hunt I wasn't 100% sure I wanted to go on, I sure am glad I did. There is so much more than just the hunt. This is my 5-6 days of alone time I the woods reconnecting with MYSELF. THIS allows me tosreset/recharge.

Thanks for following along and for all the congrats and words if encouragement. Greatly appreciate it

Comment

Working...
                                X