9mm duty carry rounds.?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
    Are you getting into law enforcement, Troy?

Be afraid. …… very afraid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
      Are you getting into law enforcement, Troy?
      A Humane Investigator

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
        Two different guys living on completely different sides of the city. I guess it could have been ammo from same lot but unlikely. Either way Ive seen enough of fail to perform that I stopped carrying it
        Well, looks like I have several boxes of expensive target ammo on hand. Thanks for the reports.

Comment

Originally posted by kae006 View Post
          When I carried for work I carried Black Talons, believe they just rebranded them as the Ranger.
          ^ Same, then switched to Hydra Shock.

Comment

124 and/or 115 grn. Gold Dot, handloads.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
              Hand rolled 124 gr sig v-crowns @ + 1250 fps https://www.sierrabullets.com/produc...r-jhp-v-crown/
              Originally posted by tdwinklr View Post
              124 and/or 115 grn. Gold Dot, handloads.
              Have y'all faced a surly DA, after a shoot, with those hand loads?

Comment

I carry Hornady Critical Defense and/or Duty in my EDC, whatever is cheapest or available between the two

Comment

Originally posted by Brute Killer View Post
                  Has anyone?

I’d love to see some references of actual trials where this was a factor, if you know of any.

Comment

Originally posted by TacticalCowboy View Post
                    Has anyone?

I’d love to see some references of actual trials where this was a factor, if you know of any.
                    I don't know of any. My original concealed carry instructor said to avoid using hand loads for self defense due to some DA might want to argue that your intent was to kill outright,,

Comment

I don't know of any. My original concealed carry instructor said to avoid using hand loads for self defense due to some DA might want to argue that your intent was to kill outright,,
                      I watched a video with Masaad Ayoob (spelling) regarding the same thing. He responded, that is what self defense ammunition is designed, tested, and constantly improved on doing effectively. In other words, duhhhh.

I don’t reload, so FMJ’s for me. And P, for plenty.

Comment

This is a common point brought up in carry classes. 50 years ago quality 9mm self defense ammo didn't exist in factory form. Today with all the good factory defense ammo available there is know reason to give a lawyer an opening to exploit.

Comment

here we go again ... what difference would it make, hand loads vs. factory?
                          I'll take my chances if I'm defending myself.

Comment

Originally posted by TacticalCowboy View Post
                            Has anyone?

Other than chew, I don't think anyone else here who has seen more cases gone to grand jury or met with DAs on scenes going to one than me

I've yet to meet a single DA investigator that would be able to tell the difference between a hand load and a factory. Much less the ability to ask the necessary questions.

Then realize the grand jury is a panel of people who aren't smart enough to get out of jury duty in the first place. I've also heard and read more "my chl instructor told me to say this and I could do this"

The last guy who said that after a real incident where he shot a guy that tried to bum a cigarette then punched him in the face went to jail. I recommend taking a chl class, getting your license and then doing your own research on what to say and do after a shooting.

With any bullet

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
                            Last edited by Quackerbox; 11-20-2022, 11:00 AM.

Comment

FWPD uses gold dot 124gr, at least a couple years ago they did. That was after a bunch of testing by them. If that says anything. It’s why I carry the same. I’m not leo though. Just a law abiding citizen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

There is a big difference between the critical defense and the critical duty.. the gentleman who “investigated” the crime scenes should’ve know this. I have seen and witnessed first hand the critical duty and it performed very well (9mm), HST performed just slightly better during testing. FBI testing was conducted on glass, metal, clothing etc….

Comment

Working...
                                X