No announcement yet.

Laguna Atascosa NWR 2022-23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asking for a friend...has anyone ever heard of getting sick from too many tick and chigger bites?

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

i suppose you can, I hadn't heard of anyone. The times I've been down there I have sprayed my clothes down good with permithern days earlier and let them dry. I've never had any ticks on me. But I don't walk as much as others either.

Comment

Originally posted by JackRyan View Post
        Asking for a friend...has anyone ever heard of getting sick from too many tick and chigger bites?

Yes several things Lyme disease and spotted fever being a few. Lots of other things going around but I wouldn’t waste any time if you can rule out flu or other seasonal things and your still sick.

https://dshs.texas.gov/idcu/health/t...nd%20tularemia.

Comment

Originally posted by TXOUTLAW View Post
          Yes several things Lyme disease and spotted fever being a few. Lots of other things going around but I wouldn’t waste any time if you can rule out flu or other seasonal things and your still sick.

https://dshs.texas.gov/idcu/health/t...nd%20tularemia.

What TXOUTLAW said. My first thoughts as well.

Comment

Had a buddy get Lyme and was sick for quite a while before they figured it out.

Comment

Me!

One year at laguna, I got into hundreds of seed ticks and my wife had to pick them off one by one. Literally from my ankles up into my hair, all attached. At the time, I was still working as a medic and I spent a 24 hour shift curled up in a ball in bed with fever, sweating like crazy, and body aches. Everything was gone after 24 hours though.

Comment

What ever you do don't go read about alpha gal. You'll never want to go into the woods if you do.

Comment

1. I found a Match Grade Easton Axis with a broadhead and lumenok on it in unit 6. Looks like it fell out of somebody’s quiver. Anybody here the rightful owner?
                  2. If anybody finds an Ultraview button release in unit 6, please let me know[emoji3061]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SneakyPhil View Post
                    What ever you do don't go read about alpha gal. You'll never want to go into the woods if you do.

Throwing out some bait to search for?

Comment

I got sick onetime getting unknowingly tore up by chiggers. Sucked. Better the next day but then the itching started lol

Comment

Originally posted by TXOUTLAW View Post
                        Throwing out some bait to search for?
                        LOL! It’s a disease that makes it so your body can’t process red meat. It’s from ticks.

Comment

I think it was just food poisoning but man it was rough. We always treat all of our clothes with permetherine but for some reason I didn't wear my treated clothes to scout and I got eaten up.

This has probably been our toughest hunt out here so far. Spots that have consistently produced in previous years seem dead. Most of the other hunters I've talked to have said the same. I'm still trying to figure it out. We'll only be hunting the morning today, my son goes back to Corpus this afternoon.

Good luck to everyone out here today!

Comment

Anybody on the board yet at all?

Comment

Originally posted by deerslay3r View Post
                              Anybody on the board yet at all?

As of yesterday at lunch the warden said there had been no harvests reported

Comment

Originally posted by saggybows12 View Post
                                As of yesterday at lunch the warden said there had been no harvests reported

Ouch.

Sent from my SM-A536U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X