Would you shoot this deer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would you shoot this deer?

My shooter bucks have been MIA at the moment but have had these guys come throughout the season. Some pictures I feel they’re old others look like they're young. What do you say cull bucks? Maybe healthy 3 year olds? These deer are sometimes hard to age down here.This is in the hill country in Menard County.
    Attached Files

Even on a drought year, they are old enough to be better than what they are.

Comment

Shoot whatever you need for the freezer before they’re all rutted-up and nasty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If you're calling those cull bucks obviously you're high fenced and feeding heavily, and have been under management many years.

After the year we had many deer are lucky to just have survived.

If you like them, kill em... if you're hungry shoot. But don't call them culls if you think pulling the trigger will enhance your horn production.

Comment

For me, no. It's a lot of work to mess with a dead deer on my places, and I'd rather have beef anyway.

Let'em grow, however funky or small they may be, they can surprised you.

Comment

No

Comment

I've shot less, and I've waited for bigger. My lease doesn't manage deer, so if I like it I shoot, if I don't...I don't.

Comment

I hunt one county over and I wouldn’t shoot any of these. The drought has affected the deer and their antler development this year. None of those would get shot by me this season.

Comment

Show us pics of your mature deer to compare

Comment

This buck was mature a few years ago. I'd have no problem with someone shooting him. Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	1
Size:	1.06 MB
ID:	24697514

Comment

Working...
                    X