Deer hunting in Miliam county

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deer hunting in Miliam county

If you hunt in Miliam county, what do you think is a good size deer?

Was out there for the opener, and seemed like everything that came in were small. To me what I saw were deer that just lost their spots.

Had one shooter doe, but she was at the top of a hill and didn't come into the feeder. Was hammering the acrons.

Just curious to your thoughts if you hunt in that county.

We hunt the Williamson/Milam county line and there are bucks in the 160" to 200" killed every year. The area around Thorndale, Alcoa, Brushy Creek, Little River and San Gabriel watersheds are where you want to be.

Comment

There are 200 plus bucks being shot on properties in that county and 90s being shot on properties in that county. What property you are on you will have to figure out lol.

Comment

Shhhhhhhh...... 20 years ago there weren't many deer around Tdale, and now there is a stand and feeder everywhere you look.

Comment

Your question is what do I think is a good sized deer in this county? Everything over 130. Same as everywhere else.

Comment

There are good deer everywhere. Most are close to the river. But not all. These acorns have my deer missing. We need a frost, bad.

Comment

I hunt one county over in Robertson County. 120-125 gets me excited. Personally I have never broke 130". I have had the chance a few times but have let others take them.

Comment

The reason for the question is I passed on a lot of shot oppertunities, and just wanted to know if I was passing on the best there is going to be. If that makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by hopedale View Post
                  The reason for the question is I passed on a lot of shot oppertunities, and just wanted to know if I was passing on the best there is going to be. If that makes sense.
                  Which general area of Milam? That can matter quite a bit.

Comment

patience will pay off sir

Comment

Chances are you were seeing fawns at feeder. Moms kicked most of them off couple weeks ago and they are running in their little punk groups. Throw some corn on ground away from feeder normally does the trick to bring mature deer out vs feeder plus they are a lot calmer.

Comment

Originally posted by bughunter View Post
                        patience will pay off sir
                        This ^^.

I haven't seen anything at any of my feeders or hand corn in 2-3 weeks. Occasionally, a hog or several will run through, but event they are not stopping at the corn.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
                          This ^^.

I haven't seen anything at any of my feeders or hand corn in 2-3 weeks. Occasionally, a hog or several will run through, but event they are not stopping at the corn.
                          Same here

Comment

Not seeing any big deer yet on the little river….but they are there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                            X